Ford Red Carpet Lease Questions

I am interested in a lease on a 2015 Ford and talked to one dealer yesterday. He worked up some figures and we are about $30.00 a month away from where we want to be.

I tried finding information about the Ford Red Carpet Lease program, such as residual values, money factors, fees, etc. The only thing I found is that just like a purchase, Ford Credit approves the customer but the dealer can set their own interest rate. Ford might approve a 1.99 percent, but the dealer may tell the customer 4.99, and then the negotiating begins.

The residual seemed low, and the money factor seemed high. This will be a 24 month, 10500 miles a year lease. I will be visiting at least one and maybe two other dealers today to compare prices and terms. The dealer also said that Gap Insurance is a part of the lease at no extra charge. Either the fees for it are built in somewhere, or it really is a free bonus. :drop:

I am selling my 2013 Edge Limited, and replacing it with a Ford C-Max Energi. I had NO issues with the Edge and it has been a great car. Just getting a few things in order now for when my wife retires later this year!

Went to only one other dealership. The first one I stopped at informed me that only certain dealerships are licensed by Ford to sell the C-Max Energi plug in vehicles. This is due to the special equipment and training needed to work on them, and the charging station that is also needed.

The other one I stopped at did have the license to sell them. His residual and interest rate was the same as the first dealer. Only difference was the selling price which was reflected in the different lease payments.

I'll find out tomorrow for sure about the GAP insurance and what fee is built in for that. My insurance company can provide the same coverage for something like $20.00 or so.

Got the deal done this afternoon and the Edge is gone. I am really going to miss it but the C-Max has an equally impressive ride and handling set up and a lot more room upfront than I would have thought. Driving it from the dealer to dinner and then home, I got 41 MPG!

Ford has an incredible $8007.00 rebate on the Energi models (plug in) plus I qualified for an additional $750.00 for competitive lease conquest. I got a very good deal and am very happy with it. I am also receiving a hefty check back from Ford Credit because of the built up equity in the Edge. I had traded a 10 year old F150 in on it back in 2012 and had no other money down on it then.

I'll still be checking the boards, and have some items here at home I'll be posting for sale soon.

Good luck to everyone

• Like 1

Sure will, thanks. Looking through the owner's manual last night they were talking about if you don't add fuel for 18 months. The engine will go into a special mode to run until there is only a gallon left to force you to add fresh fuel. Same thing with the engine, if it doesn't run enough over a period of time. It will run to remove moisture build up in the engine and to make sure everything stays lubricated.

I didn't buy it because it was a "Green" plug in vehicle. I bought it because it was a nice handling and riding car, loaded with features, the right size for what we need, and the rebates on it.

Window sticker shows 88 MPGe (electric mode) and 38 MPG gas mode. I had it set to automatically chose the mode to run in depending on the driving conditions.

• Like 2