Wheel seal

tpm419419

Hello fellow Edge owners

Anyone have a problem with blown right front wheel seals?? Have a brief smell of oil when coming to a stop. Went to dealer and it was found to be a r/f wheel seal dripping onto the exhaust. The dealer said he just finished doing one on another Edge. My truck has about 4000 miles on it

Drive safe, have fun

You are probably talking about the RF PTU axle seal if AWD or the Transaxle seal if FWD. there are no wheel seals on the Edgel. There have been many people complaining of the same problem on this board.

Ā 

It is AWD. Thanks and I hope I won't have any more problems. It pulls somewhat to the right also, hoping that will correct it. Dealer will give me a loaner car in 2 weeks so I can't complain.

Have a great New year

Replacing the seal will not fix a pull to the right while driving. There is a TSB for a pull but you need to tell the service department about the problem or they will do nothing about it. Hope you are enjoying your Edge otherwise I know I love mine.

Ā 

Ā 

druck, thanks for the info. Are you saying I should stress to the service dep't. that I know about the TSB or should I just mention it is pulling. Last time at the shop I had them check it and they told me the tire pressure in the f/r tire was low. That was the second time I mentioned it pulling.

Thank you again for the information

I would just let them know that it is pulling and have them check the alignment. Many things can cause a pull, low tire pressure, tires, crown in the road or alignment being off. You can mention that there is a TSB for a pull but they would still have to check to see if it applies to your vehicle. There are some threads on this board that cover the pull issues if you want to read them. Hope this helps some.

• 4 weeks later...

We just brought our Edge AWD home tonight and I did notice that if I let go of the steering wheel, it pulls to the right just a bit. Just enough to ensure that I have at least one hand on the wheel at all times. I tried it on both the interstate and a side street and it seemed unaffected by the presence or lack of tilt in the road. I will mention it the first time I have to go to the dealer for anything.