Problems installing my new DTBL taillights!

My new Taillights from Daytime Brightlights arrived today and are looking really nice.

But now I got a Problem, I don't know how to connect the taillights. I think the german TÜV did some rewiring and I dont have an plug for the taillights to fit in.

I attached a picture what my wiring look like.

Hopefully someone can help me to get all working.

post-7612-0-28466400-1431013472_thumb.jpg

What year is your Edge? That doesn't look like mine, I just had mine off to install a hitch wiring kit. There shouldn't be butt splices in there, which makes me think someone tried to hook up a wiring kit themselves. Maybe check etrailer.com; they have step by step instructions with pics and video for these wiring kits. Maybe that can point out what is different between what you have and what you should have.

The socket is really two pieces. I took the piece out of mine that the bulb was actually in and plugged mine into the other piece. I taped them in as they did not snap in. They have been in for a couple of months with no problem.

As shown in the attached pic, the only bulb actually reused is the reverse/backup bulb. Just take it out of the old/Ford assembly, and put it into the DTBL assembly in the socket shown.

Now, the socket that has the giant bulb in it is the brake light socket. You won't need the bulb any more, just the socket. So remove the bulb from the socket and disconnect the wiring connector (for easier installation). Instead of a bulb, the wiring connector coming out of the opening in the DTBL assembly will be plugged into this socket. See the image for inserting the connector in the right direction/polarity that worked for me.

post-23566-0-54128000-1431077155_thumb.jpg

The DTBL assembly uses the brake light socket for signal and power to the internally controlled running light and brake light functions.

The running light bulb is no longer needed. So discard the bulb, and tie up the socket securely/out of the way.

Test the new assembly functions properly in place (but without the 2 screws installed). If all the lighting works properly without hyperflash etc., put in and tighten the 2 screws. Done!

post-23566-0-98812500-1431076447_thumb.jpg

Did these change again? I have the new black style and my lights don't have the resistor attached like that and I reused my ember turn signals. If you only reuse the reverse bulb what it used as the turn signal?

These instructions are specific to the 2007-10 product, not the 2011+ product. I believe Dan had stated he had to make some design changes to turn the 2011+ product into one that works on the 2007-10 MY vehicles.

Modding is always welcome around here :) I have seen people simply put LED strips along the outer edge of the headlamp assembly for an easy-peasy job. But if you want the LEDs inside the headlamps, you'll definitely have to put a little more time into the project. I hope they come apart easier than OEM.