My Daytime Bright Light Mods

Well I finally finished all of my Daytime Bright Light mods. I guess you could say I went a little crazy, I installed the LED DRL's, the LED puddle lights, the LED tail lights and the HID headlights. I also replaced the front and rear turn signals as well as the backup lights with LED's. Dan's LED's replacement bulbs are the highest quality I've ever seen. I plan on buying more to outfit my Toyota Tacoma. Dan said he can get me any size light I need.

As noted in an earlier thread, I had issues with the fitment of the original set of puddle lights Dan sent me. The newly designed puddle lights he subsequently sent did the trick. The HID's were very easy to install thanks to Dan's awesome installation video. My install was even easier than the video, as I did it without removing the air intake. I was also lucky in that the HID return wire was in the correct position on my first attempt - no side shadows. The LED tail lights were a piece of cake, took me about 15 minutes.

I spent some cash on these mods, but I absolutely LOVE the results. I plan on replacing the dome/map lights next, then I'm done!

• Like 2

Pics below.

I took my Edge for a drive last night to test the HID's....what an amazing difference! No trick at all to installing the HID’s. Dan’s video is a huge help. I was able to install them without removing the air intake as Dan suggested. Since I didn’t experience any voltage fluctuations or flickering of the HID bulbs, I didn’t need to install the optional battery harness. It was pretty much plug and play, with the exception of the OE bulb dust cover modification.

I did discover a problem however. When the headlights are on, the turn signals develop a hyper flash. This only happens when the headlights are on for some strange reason. Doing a search in the forum, I found others that have experienced the same issue.

I called Dan, he says this only happens to about 10% of his Edge customers. Of course I would be one of them! Dan is going to send me a free set of resistors that should fix the problem. Until then, replacing the front signal LED’s with the OE bulbs is a temporary fix

534de95895b3bc9431bee3457aeb5745_zpsw2jx

e5a44b90fc80ab9ee59ab9c2eaaddaf6_zps5p0f

Edited by Craigtaz
  • Like 1