Just got home with my new Edge!!

tiaquessa

Well, I finally picked up the Edge tonight (actually about 15 minutes ago). :yahoo: I love the ride and can't believe how quiet it is inside. I was to supposed to pick it up last night, but the Ford remote starter I ordered had a bad module. So for my inconvenience, they upgraded it to the unit with the security system built into it. Anyway, the Sync, and the bluetooth work great. Ford really did a great designing and building this vehicle.

Well, I finally picked up the Edge tonight (actually about 15 minutes ago). :yahoo: I love the ride and can't believe how quiet it is inside. I was to supposed to pick it up last night, but the Ford remote starter I ordered had a bad module. So for my inconvenience, they upgraded it to the unit with the security system built into it. Anyway, the Sync, and the bluetooth work great. Ford really did a great designing and building this vehicle.

Hi there Tia....

Hey, just a question...as far as your remote starter...is your Ford dealership going to install it for ya?

If so, I just wanted to let you know that you might want to tell them to set it for 15 minutes. I got the Ford remote starter as well, and I like it...BUT, apparently, your car only stays running for 10 minutes....OR, you can have it set to 15 (max) if you like...Mine is still set at 10 minutes (which is what the dealership set it to)...but when I take it in for an oil, I am going to ask them if they can set it to 15. Sometimes I crank it up from my door at work (I have quite a way to walk) and I go back and file some things, then walk out to my car...and right as I am getting close, it cuts off...lol. Hey, it is still warm inside, but, if I had that extra 5 minutes, it would still be running...

Just an FYI for you...

• 3 weeks later...
Hi npggirl

Yes, my dealer installed it for me. And now that you mention it, I used it for the first time this morning, and it only stayed on for 10 minutes. I'm going to go over to the dealer and have them up the running time. Thanks for the info.

So, your dealer installed the remote start when you bought the car or it came from the factory with that option already in the car? I'd like to have remote start but my Limited didn't come with it.

So, your dealer installed the remote start when you bought the car or it came from the factory with that option already in the car? I'd like to have remote start but my Limited didn't come with it.

Hi dfreeman. :D On the 2008's, it is a "Factory Ordered", but Dealer installed option. Or of course you can have your Dealer add it later, if you purchased a 2008 without it.

On 2007's, it was strictly a Dealer installed option.

If you already have an Edge without the Remote Start System (as you do), you can have your Dealer install the Ford Remote Start System. It is available through your Dealer and Ford Accessories.

Of course, there are other Remote Start Systems available, but they are not Ford Accessory Systems.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530