Sunshade.....Anyone have one yet?

Looking to get a sunshade like the one linked below. AutoAnything claims these fit the '15 Edge but also the '14 edge. Given the design change, I am skeptical if they are interchangeable. I have the same brand sunshade in my Mustang and it fits perfect for that windshield.

Anyone with a 2014 or older Edge that can say if there is a difference in the size of the windshield. Or someone who has a sunshade that works for the 2015?

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade for 2015 Ford Edge (With sensor). I'm in Canada and had it shipped to the UPS store in the US. I will probably pick it up next week. It has been delivered. I purchased it from Autoanything. The sales guy said I was the first to order it. They have to types for the 2015 Edge. One with sensor and one without. I ordered the sensor one because I have the Lane Keep assist and there is a box around the mirror which I believe holds the cameras for the feature. You get an additional 20% off by entering the promo code for a total of $47.99. Also came with a free side windows shade.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx

Edited by Hum099
  • Like 2

I would be careful before buying a sunshade from AutoAnything. I was going to order the Intro-Tech Shade that rolls up. When I checked the part # they said was for the 2015 Edge, it was the same one as 2014. As we know with the redesign, the dimensions of the windshield has changed.

I sent an email to Intro-Tech and they said that in their system they have a 2015 and a 2015 1/2 . I'm guessing the 1/2 model is our model. They said they didn't have a roller sunshade for the 15 yet.

Now if you look at the site, the part # for the shade without sensor is FD-90-R...same part # as they use for the 2014 Edge.

Hopefully it fits correctly....but I'd be weary at this point.

I checked and for the Intro-Tech Roller Shade, and they are still showing FD-90 for the 2015 which, according to Intro-Tech, is incorrect.

The email I received from Intro-Tech:

Good afternoon

From what I was told the fd90 will fit the old body style for the 2015. Apparently there is the 2015 and 2015 ½ we do not have the part number for the new body Edge. I hope this info helps you out

Edited by WingNut

I called in my order and he matched the promocode and free side panel. When I ordered he put me on hold for like 20 minutes because he had to call intro-tech because autoanything did not have a part number in the system for it. This is why he said I was first to order. He said they have the pattern for the 2015 Edge but I needed to wait a few days for them to make it. here is what was on my order.

Special Order Item
Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade
Part #: FD-906-A

Guess i will have to wait until next week to be certain. Like I said I had it delivered to UPS in Buffalo. Unfortunately I cannot get over there until next week to pick it up. I will report back when I do. I put the link in my first post because that link was not available when I ordered so naturally I thought it was new. Wingnut is correct you should be careful. I would call them.

Edited by Hum099
  • Like 1

My sunshade for our 2015 Edge SEL arrived today, ordered from Autoanything, and it appears to fit very well. It is the fold up style, and stores in a nice storage bag when not in use. I did notice however there was an inch or a bit more at the top of the windshield where the shade does not reach, but it should not cause too much of an issue. It certainly is a well made sun shade, and will try it out tomorrow. Too bad it didn't arrive yesterday, it was 94 here today, and would have been good to see how well it works in the heat.

• Like 1

Mine arrived yesterday also. I bought the roll-up version linked below. I also see about an inch at the top that is not covered. The width is correct. I still think they will come out with a newer model with a different part # in the future so it is an exact fit. That 1 inch won't make much of a difference so I am happy. I have the same exact roll-up shade for my Mustang and it fits exact from top to bottom and left to right.

I recommend this shade or the fold-up style. Both are from Intro-Tech and I've owned both styles through the years. My roll-up in my Mustang is 5 years old and still looks new.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

• Like 1