MKX 2008 - oil change - now th eengine light is on

wenmcb

Hi,

I've read the owners manual - it doesn't give me the information to reset the engine indicator light.

I had my oil changed yesterday and today the engine light is on - I did the system check everything comes up "ok"

how do I reset the engine indicator light?

Thanks

A newbee trying !

Wow... you don't, not for an oil change.

Run up to Autozone or something and have them pull the codes off it. Be sure you have oil pressure before you do that. I am not aware of a code that would be thrown due to you changing your oil. You have something else that threw the code.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's not above some shops to deliberately sabotage the car so you return to have it fixed. Had this happen to me at a local Chevrolet dealer. After spending several hundred dollars to get the fuel system flushed (bad load of gas), car quit while driving home. Called Kirk Chevrolet and finally got the service manager. Told him I was going to ca

Unfortunately it's not above some shops to deliberately sabotage the car so you return to have it fixed. Had this happen to me at a local Chevrolet dealer. After spending several hundred dollars to get the fuel system flushed (bad load of gas), car quit while driving home. Called Kirk Chevrolet and finally got the service manager. Told hI'm if he didn't tell me what they did, I was going to come back and kick his butt (I'm an ex Marine ). He fessed up they cut the alternator wire 90% through and hid the cut under a wire clamp. Fixed the cut, jumped the car and drove home. Their out of business now, but I'll bet the practice is not so isolated. Could be just a coincidence, only way to know for sure is to pull the codes.