Can't open rear passenger door

cboudwin1

I have a 2012 Ford Edge that seems to be plagued with problems. The latest is that I can't get the rear passenger door to open from the inside or outside. When the power locks are switched, it doesn't appear that the manual button comes up all the way. I'm thinking there may be a problem there. The button is moving, but not all the way up and down. Can anyone tell me the best way to get inside the door and what to check for?

Thanks for the reply Paul. Yes, the manual lock button is sticking up plenty high enough and I have tried moving it up and down manually but it doesn't move much and doesn't help at all. The manual lock button moves some when I engage the power door switch, but very little.

What trim/engine do you have in the Edge? Based on the 2007 FSM:

Could be a bad actuator, a wiring problem, or a faulty SJB (bad to worst possibilities). Testing wiring/circuits requires Ford-specific probe connectors. If it is an actuator, you will still need to remove the door trim panel and window regulator/motor to get to it.

Near as I can tell, the part numbers for the actuator/latch are:

BT4Z7821812A (Right)

BT4Z7821813A (Left)

• 2 months later...