After 1 month in my Sport

2015Sport

It has been a month and overall I am very pleased with my Red Sport (the color is deep and beautiful BTW). The acceleration is excellent (the engine is a jewel and should be used across more Fords e.g. Focus AWD), handling is fairly good for a top heavy vehicle (I have the glass roof) and the brakes are average. SYNC is working better than expected although it gets confused when I switch from Bluetooth to USB, for example when I am playing a song (about 50% of the time it is seamless, the rest of the time it takes a lot of button pushing). I bought the car knowing SYNC was a significant problem early on and that Ford was "addressing it". I figured I would take my chances vice the replacement which I anticipate will have its own set of new problems. This same philosophy went for the 6 speed auto (shifts very well), it is tried and true whereas the replacement 8/9 speed in the 2016 will be new (if it is anything like the Chrysler/Fiat 9 speed - no thanks). I still can not figure out the auto lock function, not much help in the manual. Can a Sport with the upgraded convenience package (Nav, HID, ventilated seats) be programmed to auto lock and beep the horn (would appreciate advice)? I have the 20" wheels as a result of the black 21" not offering all season rubber (summer only) - that was a disappointment. So Ford if you are listening, allow the buyer to select from summer only or all-season on the 21"s and also upgrade the brakes - they are out of the step with the power (350 lb/ft of torque) of this vehicle. Other wise a great SUV that is a much better value than an Audi Q5 (normally aspirated V6) or a BMW X 3.

My dealer said the same thing that Summer Only tires were available on the 21's. Maybe that's changed since I ordered but that's what the screen said at the dealership. Seems like Ford wasn't very clear with this option. I would have ordered 21's had I known I could have gotten all seasons.

Edited by jason05gt

If you build on the ford website and choose the 21" rims, it forces you to take the summer tires. Also, when I "chatted" online with them before, they also told me that the 21" rims required the summer tires. Sure is confusing.

Edited by Sean Jones

If you build on the ford website and choose the 21" rims, it forces you to take the summer tires. Also, when I "chatted" online with them before, they also told me that the 21" rims required the summer tires. Sure is confusing.

Ā 

The Ford site is notorious to have incorrect or outdated info. That's why it's best to always go by the latest order guide.

Ā 

Yea that seems a bit aggressive of a price.

Ā 

They will remain aggressive since it is a very limited option. Even if your try to buy them from Ford when available, you'll be shocked by the price.

Ā 

The 19" wheels on my Mustang were optional, but a lot of people went with the option. Even with a ton on the 3rd party market, ebay, etc.....Ford still wanted $600 for one years later.

Yes that is the issue, the brakes are not linear and grab way too hard initially. Sort of like when car manufactures create a "sporty" feel by making the tip-in on the accelerator very touchy. One other thing, turbo /transmission lag is almost non-existent. I really am impressed with the engine