Sign in to follow this  
George Breland

2011 3.5 V6 upper intake manifold torque specs

I replaced the spark plugs on my used 2011 ford edge and in reinstalling the upper intake manifold i noticed that the repair manual that i was useing called for a 2 step process to torque the manifold bolts. 1st step 89 inch lbs. OK got that. 2nd: "tighten an additional 45 degrees" this seems strange. that is a 1/4 turn

• Like 1

Not actually all that unusual. Many manufacturers use this process. I believe there is a gauge or tool that can provide the 45 degree spec also.

Dora says:

360 degrees divided by 4 equals 90 degrees (quarter turn).

45 degrees is half of 90 degrees, so that is an eighth of a turn. 45 x 8 = 360.

Ya know I missed that in his statement. Glad you caught it. Off and back to 5th grade math for me. LOL

Dora says:

360 degrees divided by 4 equals 90 degrees (quarter turn).

45 degrees is half of 90 degrees, so that is an eighth of a turn. 45 x 8 = 360.

• Like 1

So I changed out my spark plugs in my 2011  Edge Sport 3.7l AWD. That went well actually except for me dropping and losing a bolt for some kinda support bracket thats under and behind the Throttle body. Theres only 1 bolt that goes back in there and I lost it. 

Does anyone know the specs of that bolt so I can replace it, or where to find a replacement?? Im not above going to the hardware store and getting a close match since its not going anywhere crucial like holding down the manifold.