New 2008 Edge - 250 miles - Fan belt chirps squeaks -

Tiffany

Started the car today and the fan belt souds like an old rust bucket...

after I drove it for 20 minutes it went away 75%, but still there a bit

hate that.

anyone else and what to do

Hi Tiffany. :D Take it to the Dealer. That is what the 4 year/50,000 mile "Bumper to Bumper Warranty" is for. The belt/belt tensioner may need adjusting.

Not trying to be a wiseguy, but "Take it to the Dealer" will be the correct choice, as far as "what to do", for anything you think is wrong with your new car.

For little complaints like "rattles and squeeks", it would be best if you let the car break in a bit, as some of these problems will correct themselves.

For minor concerns, "like rattles and squeeks" start a list of any concerns you may have as they occur. In this way you can list all of your "problems", wait a while, and have them all taken care of in one Service visit, instead of bringing your car in every time there is a "problem".

For important concerns (like major engine/transmission/braking system problems), call and make an appointment to bring your car in right away. If you have a major concern, always ask to speak to a "Service Adviser" (not just a receptionist taking appointment dates), explain the situation to them, and be sure it is safe to drive the car until the appointment date.

I wish you many miles of trouble free driving.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

My Edge belt starts squealing anytime it rains. I don't think it is the serpentine belt, i think it is the other belt. I will get it looked at when i take it in for its first service. Right now, it has 4,700 miles on

I have my other half look at the belt yesterday. He said that he can't believe that there is no cover or rain deflector around the serpentine belt. He look underneath the car and said it is exposed to the elements under the car. Any rain or anything at all can get on the belt.

Usually its grease or oil that makes them squeak, could be something got on it and/or just a batch of defective belts. I've never seen a specific cover or deflector used on a serp belt before???

thanks

going to wait till I have about 1500 miles and then see if it does it.

thanks