WOW, MY CAR IS FINALLY HERE!!!

My dad called me at lunch and asked "IF" my car was in because he saw a blazing coper SEL w/ White plastic all over it. Well, got a hold of my rep and she went out there and low and behold it was my SEL which still shows STORAGE within the dealer network.

Will stop there tonight but I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

I wish I knew when my SE would be delivered so I can see that one in person. That one still said STORAGE within the FORD NETWORK last week so is there any chance someone can check the vin number on my SE by tonight? 2FMDK36C37BA28779

If it will be here by Friday I would love to hold out due to the fact that it's slightly cheaper.

YAY

Will post photos when I have it in my grubby hands.

Bill

My dad called me at lunch and asked "IF" my car was in because he saw a blazing coper SEL w/ White plastic all over it. Well, got a hold of my rep and she went out there and low and behold it was my SEL which still shows STORAGE within the dealer network.

Will stop there tonight but I'll probably pick it up tomorrow.

I wish I knew when my SE would be delivered so I can see that one in person. That one still said STORAGE within the FORD NETWORK last week so is there any chance someone can check the vin number on my SE by tonight? 2FMDK36C37BA28779

If it will be here by Friday I would love to hold out due to the fact that it's slightly cheaper.

YAY

Will post photos when I have it in my grubby hands.

Bill

VIN

Here is the info on the network now. Remember, it is not updated as often as it originally seemed.

VIN: 2FMDK36C37BA28779

Receipt Date: 8/3/2006

Serialize Date: 8/24/2006

Segment Date: 8/28/2006

Sequence Date: 11/1/2006

Blend Date: 11/1/2006

Produced Date: 11/17/2006

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

VIN

Here is the info on the network now. Remember, it is not updated as often as it originally seemed.

VIN: 2FMDK36C37BA28779

Receipt Date: 8/3/2006

Serialize Date: 8/24/2006

Segment Date: 8/28/2006

Sequence Date: 11/1/2006

Blend Date: 11/1/2006

Produced Date: 11/17/2006

Gate Release Date:

Ship Date:

Arrival Date:

Sold Date:

So, is this from within the Ford computer system? Or from the dealer system? Because they still show it as "in storage".

Thanks again. Test drove it tonight and will pick it up tomorrow. Funny thing... I'm not excited AT ALL... It took WAY TOO LONG... But, I'm still taking it...

Bill

Congrats,

I know you have been waiting about as long a I have. I picked mine up tonight. It is absolutely beautiful. I ordered the carbon SEL plus with the charcoal leather interior, 18" chrome wheels and the BAMR. I have put about 23 miles on it since picking it up, still trying to figure out how everything works. Forget about the wait, it's over, enjoy your new car. by the way, keep the SEL, the additional features are worth it.

No rebates or cash incentives on the Edge whatsoever. There are financing options, but that's it. But low rates and a higher residual than is typically on a Ford equals great value.

Congrats on the new ride, thank you so much for your patience and purchase, enjoy the Edge sir!

Thanks. Yes, LOW RATES and HIGH RESIDUALS and NO REBATES are just as good or possibly better than higher rates and low residuals and $5000 in rebates. Why? Because this is the first Ford that I've picked up that only involves First Month Payment and Plate Transfer and NO ADDED TAXES ON $5000+. Not a big deal but also nice.

Bill

No rebates or cash incentives on the Edge whatsoever. There are financing options, but that's it. But low rates and a higher residual than is typically on a Ford equals great value.

Congrats on the new ride, thank you so much for your patience and purchase, enjoy the Edge sir!

Have you heard what the financing options will be? Since the old ones expired on the 2nd, there hasn't been anything listed for the Edge or MKX. I ordered an MKX planning on going through Ford Credit and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't want to have to cancel my order but the car will cost about $3000 more because it didn't get here by the 2nd. That's pretty steep considering I don't really need a car right now and can wait until they offer a half decent financing rate again.

Have you heard what the financing options will be? Since the old ones expired on the 2nd, there hasn't been anything listed for the Edge or MKX. I ordered an MKX planning on going through Ford Credit and now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I don't want to have to cancel my order but the car will cost about $3000 more because it didn't get here by the 2nd. That's pretty steep considering I don't really need a car right now and can wait until they offer a half decent financing rate again.

I thought it was 51% residual and 1% interest for a lease in the US... But, I can't remember... IF you ordered your car I would call the dealership and tell them that your kind of pissed that they didn't have you fill out a credit application before the 2nd and you want them to see what they can do. Maybe they can backdate it if you get there today. Good luck. $3000 more? what are you talking about? They were never running any deals as far as rebates.

I thought it was 51% residual and 1% interest for a lease in the US... But, I can't remember... IF you ordered your car I would call the dealership and tell them that your kind of pissed that they didn't have you fill out a credit application before the 2nd and you want them to see what they can do. Maybe they can backdate it if you get there today. Good luck. $3000 more? what are you talking about? They were never running any deals as far as rebates.

I don't lease cars so I don't know anything about the residual or interest for a lease. Ford launched both models with a 1.9% for 36 mo., 2.9% for 48 mo., and 3.9% for 60 mo. The deal was you needed to take delivery on or before Jan. 2. Anyone who ordered an Edge or MKX is on the open market for financing right now as no new rates have been announced. I was guessing a $3k jump in payments over the life of a loan on an MKX with a standard rate car loan. There are a few tens of thousands of car buyers who ordered Edge/MKXs last year expecting these rates and are now in limbo. I'm surprised nothing has been announced or that Ford didn't extend these rates due to the delay in production.

I don't lease cars so I don't know anything about the residual or interest for a lease. Ford launched both models with a 1.9% for 36 mo., 2.9% for 48 mo., and 3.9% for 60 mo. The deal was you needed to take delivery on or before Jan. 2. Anyone who ordered an Edge or MKX is on the open market for financing right now as no new rates have been announced. I was guessing a $3k jump in payments over the life of a loan on an MKX with a standard rate car loan. There are a few tens of thousands of car buyers who ordered Edge/MKXs last year expecting these rates and are now in limbo. I'm surprised nothing has been announced or that Ford didn't extend these rates due to the delay in production.

If you are going through Ford Credit and you were an early order (don't know what the cut off day was) they should of locked you into the January 2nd deal even if your car comes in next week. Call them!!!

If you are going through Ford Credit and you were an early order (don't know what the cut off day was) they should of locked you into the January 2nd deal even if your car comes in next week. Call them!!!

Just got an email from my dealer that they will give it to me. I hope everyone's dealer is as accommodating.

Just got an email from my dealer that they will give it to me. I hope everyone's dealer is as accommodating.

If you ordered your car several months ago and they have had it built and are just playing the waiting game they really need to give it too you. If they don't they are not doing something right.

Bill

If you ordered your car several months ago and they have had it built and are just playing the waiting game they really need to give it too you. If they don't they are not doing something right.

Bill

EDGE SEL in Blazing Copper is how in my possession. YAY. Beautiful car. Unfortunately I had to pick it up in the rain. Go figure. I'll post photos when it stops raining and I get it washed again.

EDGE SEL in Blazing Copper is how in my possession. YAY. Beautiful car. Unfortunately I had to pick it up in the rain. Go figure. I'll post photos when it stops raining and I get it washed again.

It's great the you received your Edge - we all know that you have been waiting a while :rockon: Speaking of the rain, how does it handle and what type of tires are on it? FWD or AWD?

It's great the you received your Edge - we all know that you have been waiting a while :rockon: Speaking of the rain, how does it handle and what type of tires are on it? FWD or AWD?

I put about 3-5 miles on it since I picked it up. I bought a FWD and it seemed to do fine in the Rain. I'll get you the brand and specs on the tires when it's not raining. I need to go out and pull my car in the garage so I can install the baby seat in it.

Waiting a while huh? Felt like "FOREVER". I was worth it but the wind was let out of my sails about 1-1/2 months ago. I probably will not pre-order a new car again.

Bill

Just FYI, I took a quick look at them and it has Continental Tires. I'll get the actual tire specs later.

On another note I pulled it into my garage which is a little full but my explorer fit in there before I crammed more stuff in there for the winter and the Edge seems very very wide. It will take some time to get used to the size it is or at least how large it feels. The specs tell you that it's smaller than the explorer but in real life it feels big. Drives much better than my 2004 Explorer that I just turned in. Much quieter than any of my Explorers and MUCH MUCH quieter than my 1999 Mustang Coupe and my 2002 Mustang GT. Rides nice.

It seems responsive when you brake but I haven't did a panic stop yet.

congrats..and please do post photos...I cant wait to see it!

:happy feet:

• 3 months later...
congrats..and please do post photos...I cant wait to see it!

:happy feet:

Well, better late than never... here are photos of my SEL Edge... Not that great of images however they will have to do. Damn Michigan weather prevented my Edge from staying clean more than about 2-3 hours after I washed it... Today, I was able to run it through the car wash for a FULL SERVICE... I armoraled the wheels when I got home.

dscn3727nb0.th.jpg dscn3729hw2.th.jpg dscn3728dd7.th.jpg dscn3726us1.th.jpg dscn3725zv8.th.jpg

Well, better late than never... here are photos of my SEL Edge... Not that great of images however they will have to do. Damn Michigan weather prevented my Edge from staying clean more than about 2-3 hours after I washed it... Today, I was able to run it through the car wash for a FULL SERVICE... I armoraled the wheels when I got home.

dscn3727nb0.th.jpg dscn3729hw2.th.jpg dscn3728dd7.th.jpg dscn3726us1.th.jpg dscn3725zv8.th.jpg

Beautiful!!!!

Thanks for posting pics...It is gorgeous....

Ahhh, I just adore the edge!