Ford Sync 3 Hands On Full Tutorial Video

So just finished watching the Sync 3 video and I was surprised to hear (according to the sales guy), that all new sync 3 vehicles will get 5 years (yes not months!) of SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link services. Granted it is not up to date as getting the data from your phone, still pretty good.

After watching this, I know that sync 3 is a must, based on speed, performance and functionality. It going to be a long wait for the 2016's this fall :cry:

Edited by punch-card

Just finished as well watching the hour long video. Although the guy is a fast talker, the video could have been cut down to 30 minutes, minus the "that's a really nice feature" style comments.

My hopefully shorter comments:

1. I wish for a version of this video focusing on differences between Sync 3 and MyFord Touch: majority of features also available on MyFord Touch
  2. Would be nice to know the level of integration of Google Now, compared to Siri
  3. There was a mention of navigation on hard drive: I hope he really meant flash memory (dream: 3D Xpoint)
  4. Yes, that 5 year Sirius traffic sure is nice: BUT all Canadians are wondering if it's applicable to us
  5. Incredible Sync 3 reaction speed!
  6. The guy explaining how he couldn't demo a function because of poor cell signal (or was it wifi?) under an awning? Really?
  7. The guy repeatedly says "... without looking/touching the screen", but often Sync 3 would display a choice and the guy needed to speak the number of the choice, so he at least looked at the screen, right?

If it hadn't been for my lease coming to term in May and Ford Canada unwilling to extend it until the autumn, I would have waited for the 2016 to get Sync 3.

Watching this video made me drool all right, but all considered I'm glad I got the 2015. The new features of Sync 3 are impressive, but would not impact my practical (to me) day to day usage of car automation ... except for the SPEED.

Just finished as well watching the hour long video. Although the guy is a fast talker, the video could have been cut down to 30 minutes, minus the "that's a really nice feature" style comments.

My hopefully shorter comments:

• I wish for a version of this video focusing on differences between Sync 3 and MyFord Touch: majority of features also available on MyFord Touch
  • Would be nice to know the level of integration of Google Now, compared to Siri
  • There was a mention of navigation on hard drive: I hope he really meant flash memory (dream: 3D Xpoint)
  • Yes, that 5 year Sirius traffic sure is nice: BUT all Canadians are wondering if it's applicable to us
  • Incredible Sync 3 reaction speed!
  • The guy explaining how he couldn't demo a function because of poor cell signal (or was it wifi?) under an awning? Really?
  • The guy repeatedly says "... without looking/touching the screen", but often Sync 3 would display a choice and the guy needed to speak the number of the choice, so he at least looked at the screen, right?
If it hadn't been for my lease coming to term in May and Ford Canada unwilling to extend it until the autumn, I would have waited for the 2016 to get Sync 3.

Watching this video made me drool all right, but all considered I'm glad I got the 2015. The new features of Sync 3 are impressive, but would not impact my practical (to me) day to day usage of car automation ... except for the SPEED.

You can critize, and critique the reviewer, but I found the review informative and helpful. I've had MFT on my 2011 and 2013 Edge Sport and it's slow, laggy, and constantly rebooting. I appreciate all of the reviewers videos.

Why don't you make a video pointing out all the great features of MFT? The dealer couldn't give me a 2015 Edge Sport, but I do appreciate you guys being the guinea pigs for the first year models.

Edited by blitz118