Strange things happening

swalker

On 2 separate occasions in the last few weeks I have had something strange happen on my 2011 Edge. Both times the tailgate opened up with no one touching the button and the doors unlocked by them selves. One time I was sitting in the car when it happened the other time it was parked in my garage. We've owned the car since new and this has never happened before. Any ideas? The only thing I can come up with is maybe the battery is getting weak and caused this, but the car has been starting fine. I'm at a loss, but these electronic things are scaring me enough to consider getting rid of the car. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Scott

Are the keys in your pocket or in the ignition at the time these events happen? May be time to replace the key fob battery. Does it happen with both key fobs? Even though the Edge starts fine (for now), it does not necessarily vouch for the car battery's state of health. If it's more than 2-3 years old, worth having it checked with modern diagnostic equipment.

Any events lately that might be contributing: accident, high pressure car wash/heavy rains, work done on the Edge, etc.?