2012 Edge Leaks

Mrbeef2u

My 2012 Edge is leaking from what I thought was a condensate drain but was told by repair shop that there is a recall notice about this, is this true? If this is a drain issue is it something covered under warrenty? Carmax wants a thousand dollars to fix this and I bought an extended warrenty

There is a recall on 2015 Edge's not 2012. It's probably something like the sunroof drain. Condensate drain being blocked up. but that's easy to clear out with some Grass line trimmer line. All you do is find the drain hose and fish it through. to clear the clog. Its always better to clear it from the inside out, so that your pushing the junk outside. It could also be a windshield leak. Check to see if that has ever been replaced. If it has I would lean more toward the windshield.

• Like 1

This leak is inside the cabin? Fairly common problem on late model cars with sunroofs, like CinnamonEdge pointed out. Pools of water may also show up underneath the door sills after being parked for some time or overnight. Check underneath the windshield cowling also to see if it looks clear or blocked. When you run the windshield wipers with fluid, does it come out the drains? Maybe try hosing down with water, with low pressure & high pressure.