Extended Service Plan and Maintenence Plan

SHIZZY

I was considering Ford's ESP and/or Maintenance Program.

I found pricing for the ESP here:

http://www.fordextendedwarranty.com/plans.html

I was wondering if anyone has (or wants to share) pricing for the Maintenance Program?

Hi SHIZZY. :D The ESP Plans vary by vehicle, type of Plan, length of time you want vehicle covered by the Plan, amount of extended mileage you want covered by the Plan, etc. Finding out what any of us paid would be basically worthless, as you can't compare apples to apples.

Then, to top all that off, the pricing is negotiable, and will vary from Dealer to Dealer, just like buying a car.

Your best bet would be to decide which Plan you want (Basic, Premium etc), then figure how many miles you drive per year and how many years you think you would like to extend your Warrant to. Then go to several different Dealers and negotiate your best price on the Plan which would fit your mileage/time constraints (48,000 miles to 100,000 miles/4 years to 7 years).

And remember, you do not have to purchase the ESP Plan from the Dealer that sold you the car. You can purchase it from any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury Dealer. So purchase it from the Dealer that gives you the best price, for the Plan you want.

Also, keep in mind that your current Warranty for an Edge is 3 years/36,000 miles Bumper to Bumper, and 5 years/60,000 Powertrain. On an MKX, it is 4 years/50,000 and 6 years/70,000.

I have seen an online site with ESP Plan prices in the past. If I can find it, I will come back and post a link.

My apologies if you already knew this information, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

You apparently didn't follow the link I posted as it has pricing for all types of ESPs.

It shows pricing based on type of ESP, type of vehicle and time/mileage. Very Nice.

Try it out by clicking on the ESP you want.

Hi SHIZZY. :D Sorry, maybe I was not clear. The site you linked seems to be run by a "Lombard Ford". Is that a Dealer in your area? Those seem to be "MSRP" prices on ESP Plans. Just like the MSRP (Window Sticker) on a car.

ESP plan pricing is negotiable. You should not pay those "MSRP" prices. That is all I was trying to say.

As I stated, if you already knew that, great. You would be surprised how many people do not know that the pricing is negotiable. I just figured I would give you a heads up.

The site I was talking about trying to find the link for, is an online site which offers discount pricing (well below MSRP) for Ford ESP Plans.

Good luck in your shopping. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Thanks for the heads up. You are right, I was under the impression that those were universal prices.

How about pricing for their maintenance programs?...I saw it on a fleet site, but no pricing.

I think my mileage might be too high for their normal wear and tear maintennce though.(~25K-30K annually)

A maintenance plan goes by time and/or miles - which ever comes first. If you get a 3 year 36,000 mile plan and you hit 36,000 miles in 15 months - Plan Over. Get the most miles in the fewest months plan and use the longer change intervals.

Many service departments will sell you an ESP contract at very slight mark-up over dealer cost. It is not a profit center for them, just a good way to keep you in their service customer base. The Sales department of the dealership looks at each element as an opportunity for gross so may quote you a higher cost.

Any F/L/M dealership can sell you an ESP. Once you decide what coverage you want, call around and go on the internet to find the best price.

Edited by Grey