Wait time for Edge SEL build

CND_EDGE

I finally got word back from the Ford dealership I placed my vehicle order from that our 2015 Ford Edge SEL has been pulled and is sitting in secondary inspection. The vehicle was built 3 weeks ago and has not been released for shipment yet. I was told that there would be a wait time of 8 weeks from time of order until delivery date. It has now been 13 weeks and no vehicle yet.

Apparently the district manager is now involved to find out why the vehicle is being held and if and when it will be shipped.

I'm a tad annoyed to say the least as this is only an SEL trim and aside from leather interior has no other options.

If the vehicle is being repaired due to defects then I really don't want it at all. If Ford is going over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb doing quality control then I am ok with that. I'm just not sure why it has been held for so long?

I finally got word back from the Ford dealership I placed my vehicle order from that our 2015 Ford Edge SEL has been pulled and is sitting in secondary inspection. The vehicle was built 3 weeks ago and has not been released for shipment yet. I was told that there would be a wait time of 8 weeks from time of order until delivery date. It has now been 13 weeks and no vehicle yet.

Hello CND_EDGE. How did you managed to escalate your search through Ford's customer service ? When I call Ford the only answer I get is "wait". Very frustrating

I'm with you on this - if new car is being fixed/patched to fix design flaws then I don't want it , but I accept delay due to extra quality check. i really want Ford to be more open about it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel the order and get full deposit back from dealership ?

Thanks

Like it has been mentioned before on this forum, when it comes to manufacturing, delays and holds happen all the time. I work for a manufacturer. Everyday we are investigating possible issues that may lead to a hold in production to implement new testing or change to ensure what we are sending out the door meets our standards. We have to be very careful on what we share to our distributors, partners, and customers regarding these holds because people tend to run with it like it is a major issue with ALL products. Internally we are actively investigating, testing, etc. because the less that goes out the door, the less money comes in. So it isn't like we are sitting here with our thumbs up our butt just hanging out.

So I'm not surprised Ford is having holds here and there. It happens everyday. They will not release a vehicle that doesn't meet their standards. And they will not communicate every time there is a production stop....nor should they. They don't owe it to anyone.

All I would expect them to say is there is a manufacturing hold for XYZ product, when additional information regarding delivery dates are known, we will communicate them to you.

Remember they are building cars here.....not widgets. A lot goes in to these things. Problems pop up. Problems get fixed. Happens everyday. No need to worry.

• Like 2