unusual rattling with deceleration/coasting/braking

rach1507ec

I have a 2013 Edge sport. Recently i have been noticing a rattling noise when i coast/brake, it seems to be on the front passenger side. the rattling started when i coast or brake to 30 mph & stops when i hit 25 mph, now it starts when i'm coasting/braking at 40 mph, still stopping once i reach 25 mph. Can anyone shed some insight on what could be causing this? Thanks so much in advance!!

Have you had the Edge serviced recently or maybe something has hit the underside of the engine compartment? Rattling could be from a hose that is not secured properly, or from a brake pad clip that is loose, or even from an engine appearance cover or underbody belly pan that has not been re-installed correctly. For starters. I have never heard of an oil/trans fluid dipstick being loose, but it could happen.

I have a 2013 Edge sport. Recently i have been noticing a rattling noise when i coast/brake, it seems to be on the front passenger side. the rattling started when i coast or brake to 30 mph & stops when i hit 25 mph, now it starts when i'm coasting/braking at 40 mph, still stopping once i reach 25 mph. Can anyone shed some insight on what could be causing this? Thanks so much in advance!!

Welcome, rach1507ec!

I recommend heading to your dealer to have this checked out. Have a tech ride along with you to experience the noise. Once you set up the appointment, please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan