2015 Edge leaks. who has a leak that has been fixed?

dtburton75

I just just recently leased a new Ford Edge that was built in July. It has been a great car for me, until last weekend when it decided to spring a leak on the drivers floor. But wait, I am supposed to have one built after the problems where sorted out right? Nope, still there...

Anyway, the reason for this thread is; I would like to know out of everyone that has had the leak happen to them. Do they have a Vista roof? Also... Does anyone with the leak have a solid roof?

Any replies would be great, as I am a Ford Tech and would like to figure this out some how. Finding similarities might help figuring out the problem.

Thanks all.

Edited by dtburton75

dt; Look @ the pinned post on the top of this page for some replies to your question. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/18423-post-15b21-leak-repair-follow-up-report/

Thank you... yes, I read all of the posts on the site that I found regarding the leaks.. I was hoping for some more specific answers to maybe help figure this out.

I did in fact find my leak with an endoscope today. I did some removal of the old caulk, and put what I know works on there. (Body man of 27 years) Time for a water test tomorrow. If it works I will be redoing the other side too.

Edited by dtburton75

So where was your leak coming from?

Behind the hood hinge area where they where forgotten in the beginning of the production. Mine had a 1" or so wide foam strip of seam sealer on the seam but, It seems the foam sealer used at the factory is absorbing water and leaking in water. I put the scope right on that seam and watched in just trickle in. I hope I have it sealed, sure do miss my ride. Next thing to fix is the hot spot in the seat back when running the A/C seats.

Ha ha

Edited by dtburton75

The first Edge we had that FMC bought back was serial # 25xx, had it fixed twice, first time it spent a half HOUR in the shop, second repair about half a day. Two days after the second repair the drivers floor was wet again and the dealer suggested the buy-back. Body shop mgr made a compelling argument to FMC, the buy back was approved in 2-3 hours!

• Like 1

The first Edge we had that FMC bought back was serial # 25xx, had it fixed twice, first time it spent a half HOUR in the shop, second repair about half a day. Two days after the second repair the drivers floor was wet again and the dealer suggested the buy-back. Body shop mgr made a compelling argument to FMC, the buy back was approved in 2-3 hours!

Do you have a Vista roof?

Do you have a Vista roof?

Nope, had an '88 Mustang GT with T-tops that were never out after the car was a year old and we had the car eleven years. Had a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer with a power sun roof that was never opened again after it was six months old and we had it twelve years. So with the price of the vista roof we kept looking until we found an Edge with the metal roof!

Nope, had an '88 Mustang GT with T-tops that were never out after the car was a year old and we had the car eleven years. Had a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer with a power sun roof that was never opened again after it was six months old and we had it twelve years. So with the price of the vista roof we kept looking until we found an Edge with the metal roof!

When I picked up my Mustang in 2010, I thought I'd really miss the moonroof. But didn't. So when I picked up the Edge, I wanted one without because I'd be hauling stuff on the roof racks and was not comfortable with that huge piece of glass being up there.

There is not a day that goes by where I think "Oh it would be nice to have a sunroof". I've had my fair share. Usually just MEH.