Do I have a heater issue?

2015 edge titanium. It's cold here in the north and when I have the heat on and temp set to auto, the front windshield fogs up and can't see. The edge is warmed up and in auto there is no air flow coming out of the defrost vents. All the flow comes out of the side window vents and floor. Shouldn't there be flow at the defrost vent? If I select the defrost vent, air flows out from it. Why not in auto setting? Is this normal?

I will have to see what mine does.

Ā 

Are you talking about starting the car while in it? Or starting the car via remote. Because via remote I'm pretty sure it shoots out the floor, side, and windshield. But when I start the car, it switches back to AUTO and the heat will just come out of the floor vents. If it fogs from there, I'll turn on the defroster.

This is when driving the car when it's warmed up for 1 hour. Driving around in auto the windshield fogs up and then ice cristals forms on the inside of the windshield. No air flow comes out of the defrost vents. I have a 2011 edge and air flows out of the defrost vents in auto mode, thought this would be the same.