***NEED ADVICE*** - Is 100K Miles too many??

Howdy everyone. I am in the process of possibly buying a 2011 Ford Edge Limited AWD with just over 110,000 miles. It has a clean service record, super clean interior and was obviously kept in immaculate shape. The owner apparently put highway miles driving from Arkansas to New York.

My question is the dealership wants 14,700 for it. It is in the price range that I want but I am worried about the high mileage. Does anyone else have a 2011 with high miles? Any Problems? Also, any suggestion on what I should offer for it? Thanks a bunch!

Welcome, Matt!

It's not the mileage that is of concern, really on any MY of the Edge. The engine/transmission is quite strong, failures of course happen, but not that common. With the 2011+, the main concerns are:

• APIM
  • Door Latch
  • Shifter (shift-to-park)
  • Throttle Body failure
  • Brake booster

and with AWD, PTU failure. Once thought to only affect 2007-10, it still does affect the 2011+, as more miles accumulate on these vehicles.

Haven't heard of fuel tank issues with the 2011+, so fingers crossed :) Nor with PCM/coil on plug. Nor with wheel bearings.

Make sure the PCM calibration is up to date before you take delivery, you get 2 working remote keys etc ...

If this Edge has a BAMR, make sure you have good glass coverage with your insurance co. Ford is unlikely to cover any issues there, esp with the mileage.

Check power liftgate operation. Should open & close properly.

Make sure the A/C works properly. Most people won't think to try during the colder months, just as they might not try the heater during the warmer months. Probably have electronic dual climate control, so make sure the air flow is working well. If not, may be as simple as cabin air filter, or blower fan, or might be blend door actuators.

Brakes should have been serviced recently and caliper slide pins greased as part of the service. Too common for the rears to go out on you otherwise.

Here's the NADA value for your area:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2011/Ford/EDGE-V6/Wagon-4D-Limited-AWD/Values

Assuming it's in 100% condition, no accident history etc, I think it's a good deal. Personally, I would like to see a Ford warranty on it, but not really feasible to get PremiumCare, Extracare or Basecare is available tho. Comparison

Have you run a carfax or autocheck on it yet? I don't have carfax, but for the next couple of days, I can run the autocheck for you. Need the VIN tho. Is this a Ford dealer, you can have them hand you an OASIS report (Ford's internal history on the vehicle)?

So far both of mine are doing very well. Both 2011's I am currently going to be replacing the alternator in Lullubelle since the voltage regulator has failed or failing. So far for me this seems to be the only issue.

Recommend changing the power steering fluid, brake fluid and transmission fluid.

Shocks and struts may also be needing some replacement soon.

Lullubelle and Blueberry have both had new APIM's installed. They are February and January builds and both are FWD limiteds.

I am currently driving the wheels off of Lullubelle

Price seem reasonable.

If you want video's on 2011 maintence go to MACTFORDEDGE on youtube this should provide you with some more information.

Edited by macbwt
  • Like 1