Guess What I Ordered?

GettnEdgey

Hi guys and girls. It's Dave here. I ordered my Edge yesterday. SEL, Ice Blue, 18" wheels, towing package and roof rails. Do you think I could find that vehicle in stock here in Ontario? No way. I live not too far from the plant too. Oh well, just have to wait for it to be built. I will be trading in my Freestar van which also was made in the same plant in Oakville, Ontario. I will be towing a small travel trailer 17' (about 2,500 lbs loaded) and was glad to see the tow package. Anyways, I hope you can answer some of my questions down the road. Sounds like almost everyone is very happy with their Edge.

Dave

Stoney Creek, Ontario

Edited by GettnEdgey

Hi guys and girls. It's Dave here. I ordered my Edge yesterday. SEL, Ice Blue, 18" wheels, towing package and roof rails. Do you think I could find that vehicle in stock here in Ontario? No way. I live not too far from the plant too. Oh well, just have to wait for it to be built. I will be trading in my Freestar van which also was made in the same plant in Oakville, Ontario. I will be towing a small travel trailer 17' (about 2,500 lbs loaded) and was glad to see the tow package. Anyways, I hope you can answer some of my questions down the road. Sounds like almost everyone is very happy with their Edge.

Dave

Stoney Creek, Ontario

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on the order. I was in a similar situation when I purchased my 08 SEL AWD vap silver with reverse sensor. There were no vehicles available in the Ontario dealership inventories at that time. I placed my order on December 29th with a Ford dealership in Missassauga (10 minutes from the plant). They called me on January 29th telling me the vehicle was in. I had a vehicle broker negotiate on my behalf for a $40 fee and got a great deal. Recommend this service for anyone from Ontario in the market for a car.

The time will pass quickly and your Edge is definitely worth the wait.

Mike

Niagara Falls, Ontario

Hi Dave,

Congratulations on the order. I was in a similar situation when I purchased my 08 SEL AWD vap silver with reverse sensor. There were no vehicles available in the Ontario dealership inventories at that time. I placed my order on December 29th with a Ford dealership in Missassauga (10 minutes from the plant). They called me on January 29th telling me the vehicle was in. I had a vehicle broker negotiate on my behalf for a $40 fee and got a great deal. Recommend this service for anyone from Ontario in the market for a car.

The time will pass quickly and your Edge is definitely worth the wait.

Mike

Niagara Falls, Ontario

I may be wrong, but I did a price check on the Ford website. Canadian price was about $5,000 more than the U.S price. So still not very close.

Dave

Same thing here Dave, I live in Ottawa and ordered my Ford Edge from the factory on Dec 27th, and on Jan 25th I was on my 1st road trip with my new car!

Hi everyone,

I just took delivery of my new 2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD in Redfire last Saturday and it is a great car! I almost got an Explorer but my friend who is the manager of the dealership recommended a Edge over the Explorer and he was right. I got mine fully loaded except for the Power Liftgate which I really wanted but they didnt have it in stock. I dont feel I settled though because its still a great car nonetheless. I am still getting used to SYNC but I am sure I will get it to work the way I want soon. Does anyone have trouble with SYNC understanding their voice? I say a command and it starts to do something else! :rockon: