After months of waiting and whining...

SHIZZY

My salesman called on Monday after I emailed him saying I noticed his dealer recieved a new shipment. He didn't know he had it until he went outside and looked for it.

The closing is an interesting story that I will soon share once I get some time to type it out!

The Edge looks sweet though! Really impressed!

2008 Limited FWD

BAMF

Nav

Tow

cargo mgt

all weather mats

Black with tan interior

Welcome official to the new life on the edge. Post pics!

I am curious about the closing - mine had ZERO issues or surprises.

Solas

At the time I ordered the Edge, the salesman had the doc fee of $85 cleary posted in his office. At the time I closed, the sign was gone and the doc fee was raised to $150.

The manager tried to spin it as if it was the law. Well...it is the law. It is the law that that is the max fee he could charge. I didn't appreciate the spin his was putting on. He wasn't lying...he was giving truthful answers to a question that wasn't asked.

Example:

Me: Why I am I being charged $150 doc fee? (+ $25 for plates instead of temp tags)

MGR: It's the law. It says so right here.

-> (he points to a piece of paper that states that the max allowable doc fee is $150.)

Me: ..but that's the MAX fee. It is not mandatory. When I ordered the car, you were charging a fee of $85.

MGR: As of Jan 1st the doc fee was raised to $150.

Me: Again...it is an OPTIONAL FEE. You can charge whatever you want. You could charge me $0 or $75. Why am I suddenly being charged the max fee?

MGR: Because I am selling the car to you $400 below invoice.

Me: So I am being penalized for negotiating a good price?

It goes on like this with points and counterpoints. The MSRP was ~$36K and we are arguing about $65. So obviously it isn't entirely about the money, it is more about how he was trying to be sneaky and slide in an extra charge.

I really dislike dealers like that - sorry about your unhappy experience - not all dealers are bad - just not too many good. I dont know about your state - but "Document" fees are bogus in Ohio. On Fords XPLan, the max Doc Fee is $75. All my cars i "negotiated" the doc fees off.

But in the end, what really matters is YOU are happy with your new life on the Edge. Even though your dealer was a wierdo.

You got a good vehicle.

Solas

I really dislike dealers like that - sorry about your unhappy experience - not all dealers are bad - just not too many good. I dont know about your state - but "Document" fees are bogus in Ohio. On Fords XPLan, the max Doc Fee is $75. All my cars i "negotiated" the doc fees off.

But in the end, what really matters is YOU are happy with your new life on the Edge. Even though your dealer was a wierdo.

You got a good vehicle.

Solas

Ohio huh? I grew up in Wadsworth, OH. (near Barberton and Akron)

As far as the doc fee goes, I won't sweat it as long as they provide good customer service down the road. Although it will be hard to build that trust back.

Ohio huh? I grew up in Wadsworth, OH. (near Barberton and Akron)

As far as the doc fee goes, I won't sweat it as long as they provide good customer service down the road. Although it will be hard to build that trust back.

Good luck - I have also been following your vehicle's progress. Mine was just shipped yesterday 2/15/08. Should only take a few days to arrive her in NE Ohio. I am only concerned that there was a 9 day interval from the day it was made to the day it was released. I have to wonder about any quality issues? Will be checking things over carefully. Once again, good luck, keep us updated.

Frank

Shizzy.. as we both know, yours beat mine. you ordered first, but got caught behind and I was catching up.. congrats on yours

anyway... it turns out that on mine that hey had to order 2 cars - mine and then another so they could get the wheels off it I wanted (pretty cool huh? would get brand new wheels and tires versus those test driven or sitting on the lot for months) - BUT it turns out the one with the wheels showed up on Thursday... and mine still has not :angry: both ordered and built and shipped at same time. after 6 weeks, I am ready to be over this ya know. I found one, cheaper actually as the base price is cheaper and the vista roof is cheaper as it is in stock and not ordered, at a dealer up north and I am so jonesing to just go get it done as I wonder now if dealers even get any sat and/or sun deliveries PLUS the holiday monday plus I think there is a Presidents Day Sale I would also miss which could mean extra incentive. this waiting is driving me nutso.