2016 Edge Sport - Sync 3 Observations

Hi All,

Just got my 2016 Edge Sport in TGTBB with the 21" wheels last Thursday, what a great looking vehicle (photos don't do it justice)...

A few observations on the SYNC 3 I noticed coming from the SYNC 2 in my 2012 Edge Limited:

The Good:

• It's AMAZINGLY more responsive.
  • The fact that the maps scroll smoothly in SYNC 3 is a REALLY nice touch, I always hated how the old SYNC 2 jumped.
  • Having the map actually display along with the audio and phone information is a nice return to the original SYNC 1 display.
  • Audio quality and overall volume with the Sony system is far superior to the old one.
  • Not really SYNC related, but the vehicle is FAR quieter inside when driving, especially on highways. Had three passengers in the back seat this past weekend on a 1+ hour trip and had no problem talking to them at normal voice levels. In my 2012, I'd have to turn my head and speak very loudly, and they were always hard to hear when speaking.

The Bad? (well, not necessarily bad, just different):

• When playing a USB audio track, the display in the right pod (next to the speedometer) doesn't show the track's audio length bar with progress through the song. Surprisingly, I actually really miss this.
  • When stepping to the next audio track on the USB, there is about a 1 to 1.5 second delay updating that same right pod with the current track information. I've tried this with 3 different USB drive models.
  • There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the Lane Keeping system. It can actually get a bit annoying when it keeps vibrating the wheel when going around a lazy curve.
  • I've had some issues with Bluetooth disconnecting from my phone in the middle of calls (but I think that's a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge issue).

All in all it's an amazing vehicle so far!

Anton

• Like 2

Congratulations on the new ride.

• There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the Lane Keeping system. It can actually get a bit annoying when it keeps vibrating the wheel when going around a lazy curve.

Did you try the switch on the end of the turn signal stalk?

My only real issue withy Sync 3 is how it handles longer audio tracks on my usb-stick. I have a lot of podcasts/concerts/sets that are 1hr+ long, and I like to skip forward 3-5mins or more.. It's annoying to have to hold down the ffwd button on the steering wheel or sync display and wait... I wish there was a skip 15sec button like on the iphone, or better yet, a way to seek in a progress bar.