Got my New Edge but..........

akbob

Hey,

Finally picked up our new Edge. We love it. :happy feet:

The White Sand Tricoat looks really fine. I am using the Sync with my cell phone. Works pretty good but wants to dial some other name a little more often than I like. Maybe I ain't talkin' to articulate to the Sync.

But what really rained on my parade about this purchase is......

Several weeks ago I requested a brochure from Ford.com on the Edge mainly because someone on here suggested that Ford might kick out a $750 coupon. Nothing came. So on the 13th, we finalized our paperwork at the dealership. Guess what showed up in the mail this morning....you guessed it....a coupon for $750 made out to me if I go in and by a car by 3/31/08. This is about 38 hours after we signed the paperwork. :banghead:

I immediately contacted our salesman and he remarked that this is the 3rd customer of his that got a coupon after the sale. He commented that one lady called Ford and she said they were "very rude to her" and did not honor the coupon. He is going to get with the Ford rep and the dealership owner to see what they can do but it doesn't sound good.

Now why would they not honor this coupon? They sent it out with the intention of giving up the $750. All this does (if they refuse it) is P.O. a customer and create ill will. You know, I have bought furniture and electronic gear in the pass that was put on sale shortly thereafter and the business honored that sale price and I received a refund of the difference. Why wouldn't this be the same? :wacko:

Geez, just when I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about my new Edge.

Anyone have this same experience or have any words of wisdom?

Thanks! (I still really like the car, so far)

Update....Update.......

We just got a call from our salesman. He advised they contacted Ford and Ford is going to honor the $750 coupon! :yahoo: He advised that Ford will be issuing a check to me for the $750 and to expect it within 4-6 weeks. Sorry, Lex!

Now, I was quick enough to criticize so I will be just as quick to offer kudos to the sales staff, dealership, and Ford for coming through with this.

You know, even if this coupon did not come through, I would still have been very satisfied with my buying experience. I have purchased several new vehicles over the years and I have to say this experience at Jim Click Ford in Green Valley, AZ was the most pleasurable experience of them all. I worked with two sales people, Terry and Mike. Both were professional, curteous, and always kept me up-to-date as to the status of my Edge. I highly recommend these guys and the dealership. I haven't used the Service Dept but have high hopes they will be as good as the sales staff.

As a side note....I spent the day yesterday taking the front end off the Edge. Say What!!!!! Now that was a little hair-raising. The reason we chose the Edge was to be able to tow it 4-down behind a motorhome. I mounted a Roadmaster tow bar mount (designed specifically for the Edge) to the frame and then re-installed the front end. One of the great features of the Edge (both AWD and FWD) is it can be towed without any modifications to the transmission or the driveline.

It's an eye opener to see that the grill and front facsia is only held on by about 19 screws and clips. Many of them are plastic fastners. But all went well and the only thing you see is two small black 2"X2" receivers protruding about 2" from small cut-outs in the plastic black lower grill section. Very unobtrusive. The actual tow bar slides in the these receivers when you tow.

We compared and test drove the Edge, Honda CRV, and Saturn Vue. (all towable) The Edge was the most expensive but was the better car all around. IMHO

In closing, request a brochure from Ford on-line, check the box that says you are considering buying in the next 30 days and wait patiently for the coupon. Hopefully you will get one. By the way we received the brochure the same day as the coupon but separately.

Hey,

Finally picked up our new Edge. We love it. :happy feet:

The White Sand Tricoat looks really fine. I am using the Sync with my cell phone. Works pretty good but wants to dial some other name a little more often than I like. Maybe I ain't talkin' to articulate to the Sync.

But what really rained on my parade about this purchase is......

Several weeks ago I requested a brochure from Ford.com on the Edge mainly because someone on here suggested that Ford might kick out a $750 coupon. Nothing came. So on the 13th, we finalized our paperwork at the dealership. Guess what showed up in the mail this morning....you guessed it....a coupon for $750 made out to me if I go in and by a car by 3/31/08. This is about 38 hours after we signed the paperwork. :banghead:

I immediately contacted our salesman and he remarked that this is the 3rd customer of his that got a coupon after the sale. He commented that one lady called Ford and she said they were "very rude to her" and did not honor the coupon. He is going to get with the Ford rep and the dealership owner to see what they can do but it doesn't sound good.

Now why would they not honor this coupon? They sent it out with the intention of giving up the $750. All this does (if they refuse it) is P.O. a customer and create ill will. You know, I have bought furniture and electronic gear in the pass that was put on sale shortly thereafter and the business honored that sale price and I received a refund of the difference. Why wouldn't this be the same? :wacko:

Geez, just when I was feeling all warm and fuzzy about my new Edge.

Anyone have this same experience or have any words of wisdom?

Thanks! (I still really like the car, so far)

AKBOB,

In hopes of receiving the same coupon, did you request the personalized PDF brouchure or the personalized printed brochure mailed to you?

Clayton