120v Power Point acting weird

This weekend while traveling my daughter was trying to use the rear power point with her laptop (Macbook Pro). At first it showed the charger as working. After a little while the charger wasn't drawing any power. I tried hitting the button up front to enable/disable the port.

On the way home she plugged it in and it was working fine. Didn't have to hit the button up front either. Once we stopped for gas, it stopped working. I tried hitting the button, turning the ignition off, unplugging everything, starting the ignition, enabling the port, and plugging in the charger....still nothing.

The manual states it can handle something like 115w and the Macbook charger only pulls 65w.

This weekend while traveling my daughter was trying to use the rear power point with her laptop (Macbook Pro). At first it showed the charger as working. After a little while the charger wasn't drawing any power. I tried hitting the button up front to enable/disable the port.

On the way home she plugged it in and it was working fine. Didn't have to hit the button up front either. Once we stopped for gas, it stopped working. I tried hitting the button, turning the ignition off, unplugging everything, starting the ignition, enabling the port, and plugging in the charger....still nothing.

The manual states it can handle something like 115w and the Macbook charger only pulls 65w.

It's actually 150 watts max. Not providing power doesn't seem to be from an overloading situation, so the only other would be an overheating one, especially since it worked for a while.

I'm intrigued by what you said "I tried hitting the button up front to enable/disable the port". When you say "up front", what location is that?

It's actually 150 watts max. Not providing power doesn't seem to be from an overloading situation, so the only other would be an overheating one, especially since it worked for a while.

I'm intrigued by what you said "I tried hitting the button up front to enable/disable the port". When you say "up front", what location is that?

Same place you turn on/off the map lights.

The manual states that it will temporary turn off if the voltage drops below 11 volts or is overloaded.

Thinking put loud. As it's unlikely the voltage was low, any possibility that your daughter had more than the computer plugged in? Headphones, mouse, running a CD or DVD, wifi, etc? The computer's rating is for the base and doubt it would include any additional loads plugged. (You may have checked while the power point was still off do to overheating).

The manual states that it will temporary turn off if the voltage drops below 11 volts or is overloaded.

Thinking put loud. As it's unlikely the voltage was low, any possibility that your daughter had more than the computer plugged in? Headphones, mouse, running a CD or DVD, wifi, etc? The computer's rating is for the base and doubt it would include any additional loads plugged. (You may have checked while the power point was still off do to overheating).

Good point. And I think that is why in the future using a proper inverter will work best without worrying about overheating.

I still like the power point because I've used it for pumping up an air mattress and bike tires.