Setting up a replacement key fob

I bought a intelligent key fob on eBay for $50. Before you buy look at the numbers on the inside of the key fob (where the key is) so you know what to look for on eBay. Also note there is one for "remote start" and one for "NO remote start". Again be sure you are buying the correct one.

Now here is what I did when I received the intelligent key fob from eBay.

How to program a Spare Intelligent 5 Button Access Key

For a 2015 Ford Edge

(may apply to other models & remotes)

You can program a maximum of four intelligent access keys to your vehicle.

You must have two previously programmed intelligent access keys inside your vehicle and a new un-programmed intelligent access key (or one bought on eBay) accessible.

Make sure the ignition is switched off before beginning this procedure. Make sure

all the doors are closed before beginning and that they remain closed throughout the procedure. Carry out all 5 steps within 30 seconds of starting the sequence. Stop and wait for at least one minute before starting again if you carry out any steps out of sequence or made a mistake.

Read and understand the entire procedure before you begin.

1. Open the floor console storage compartment lid.

2. With the buttons facing up and the key ring facing the rear, place one of the previously programmed intelligent access keys into the backup tray in the bottom of the console storage.

3. Press and release the Start/Stop button.

Wait five seconds then press and release the Start/Stop button again.

Remove the intelligent access key.

4. Within 10 seconds, place a second previously programmed intelligent access key in the backup tray then press and release the Start/Stop button.

Wait five seconds then press and release the Start/Stop button again.

Remove the intelligent access key.

5. Wait five seconds, then place the un-programmed intelligent access key

in the backup tray then press and release the Start/Stop button.

If programming is successful, the doors will lock.

Press the unlock button on the newly programmed key and Check that the remote control operates all functions and your vehicle starts with the new intelligent access key.

If programming is not successful, repeat the 5 steps after one minute.

Timing is critical, so you may have to repeat the steps a few times.

After I programmed the key I set it up as a "My Key" with specific restrictions. So if I loan my car to, say a child or grandchild, I give them the "My Key".

Good luck.

Thanks penman36. I did see those on Ebay but I only have one fob so I need to see if the dealer will program that fob from Ebay. I am happy to hear that fob worked for you. I don't have remote start and noticed many of the fobs on Ebay are for remote start. Thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Pennman36

I found my other key fob after I had ordered one from E-bay actually an hour after I had ordered which was alright because now I have another backup fob. Followed your programming instructions and it worked after maybe six tries. Still not sure what I finally did to make it work. Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...