I ordered a 2016 Edge Titanium 302A

And am wondering what happens if I either change my mind and cancel the order or drive it and for some reason do not decide to purchase. I put $500 down on the order.

I thought I would be able to do the buy and wait thing but it is giving me way to much time to over think.

I may be an "off the lot" type of guy after all.

I appreciate any info, thanks, Dave

I talked to 2 different dealers about ordering. Both wanted $500 deposit. Both said I could walk away from the deal and get my money back, along as it wasn't some weird exotic super custom order. If you don't buy it, someone will.

Thanks for that info. I thought I had read that somewhere. With all the excellent cars out there, finding the exact one is a fairly complex task, at least for me. I also really want to check out a 2017 Ford Escape, which are arriving on some lots as we speak. I will hang in for now and let you all know how the mystery shakes out :)

Sounds like you and me are in that same boat. I'm trying to decide between what I really want, a 2016 Edge Sport, or more budget friendly 2017 Escape Titanium. I have a 2009 Escape right now. Test drove a 2017 Escape the other day. I was ready to write it off before I did so. It's a really nice vehicle. But now my decision between the 2 is ever harder! Wish there was a true Escape sport!

Sounds like you and me are in that same boat. I'm trying to decide between what I really want, a 2016 Edge Sport, or more budget friendly 2017 Escape Titanium. I have a 2009 Escape right now. Test drove a 2017 Escape the other day. I was ready to write it off before I did so. It's a really nice vehicle. But now my decision between the 2 is ever harder! Wish there was a true Escape sport!

LOL! Yeah, I would kill to drive the Escape 2017! If I liked it, I would save $$$ and gas :) I would get the 2.0, of course! They say it is much quieter than the 2016 which is very important to me. And I thought the 2016 was OK. But I had a very short test drive, so I could be wrong about the 2016. But the changes they made to the interior and I hear also the seats are substantial. I am guessing they MIGHT be around when my Edge finally comes in :)

Edited by CapeDave

LOL! Yeah, I would kill to drive the Escape 2017! If I liked it, I would save $$$ and gas :) I would get the 2.0, of course! They say it is much quieter than the 2016 which is very important to me. And I thought the 2016 was OK. But I had a very short test drive, so I could be wrong about the 2016. But the changes they made to the interior and I hear also the seats are substantial. I am guessing they MIGHT be around when my Edge finally comes in :)

I'm sure the 17's should get to your area shortly. They are really starting to show up around here now!

I'm sure the 17's should get to your area shortly. They are really starting to show up around here now!

That is the new s I was hoping for. In all the photos I am really liking them a whole lot. And I would sure not mind saving the money over the Edge. 98% of my driving is really just around town type of stuff. So small and fun to drive fits well :)

• 3 weeks later...

Final decision. I am sticking with my Edge order! Titanium 2.0, Magnetic, 302A, I think. Cold weather package for sure. I think it is the bets car out there for the money. I just wish they would hurry up. Have been quoted mid July. OUCH!

I drove the 2017 Escape twice and loved it, but the size and comfort of the Edge tilted me slightly to the Edge. I really hope it comes sooner.

Edited by CapeDave
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK, the wait is over! I took possession of my Ford Edge 2016 302A titanium 2.0 Magnetic Gray. I am liking it. I am never buying a car again. It took so much time and energy. So, I had better love this. For at least 3 years when the lease is up :)

Seriously, I am liking it. I think the build quality is very good. I like the cognac color leather seats. I like the ambient lighting, no gas cap, and safety features like adaptive cruise, lane change, etc.

I am still trying to learn all the new things. I like Synch, but am unsure of audio quality on phone calls. This is critical to me, so I am going to do some more testing. I have had it for about a week. But I do not drive all that much per day.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

.......I am liking it. I am never buying a car again. It took so much time and energy. So, I had better love this. For at least 3 years when the lease is up :)

If/When you decide to get another vehicle you can get a Ford X-plan number pin number plus 750.00 currently by paying 40.00 to become a member of EAA and get next to no hassle dealing with the dealer.

• Like 1