2011 ford edge ,cranks no start

Msnapper

How many miles on your Edge? Does the fuel pump prime with the key in the ON position (but not started)? Checked fuel pressure at idle, before start (after sitting overnight), and after shutoff (15, 30, 60 min after)?

Ā 

And of course, since the 2011 brought many electrical gremlins, condition of battery/alternator? Any problems with the CD skipping, or with the shifter not shifting properly?

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

The fuel pump relay COULD be bad, it is commonly pulled when you want to crank the engine without the fuel system firing. Seems like what you are experiencing here. What is the cranking RPM? Did the Edge suddenly stop responding on previous trips? I assume no codes available ... The electronic throttle body could be suspect.

Ā 

Yeah, you have to get an adapter to test the fuel pressure mechanically. They killed the Schrader valve feature in 2010, apparently. I mean why should they make this easy, right?

Ā 

The easiest thing to suspect is fuel pump, or bad wiring between the fuel pump and the fuse box/control module somewhere. Maybe the connectors are corroded and need cleaning/replacement.

Isn't the tach digital in the 2011? The cranking should be between 150 & 350 rpm.

Ā 

The FSM doesn't show where the inertia switch function is located on the 2011 (or at least I am not able to find it). On some models, it is a function of the Restraints Control Module (RCM), but it is not showing there either.

Ā 

When did you take the voltage reading of the battery? Everything off, or on a previous run where the Edge was running well, or ...? Should be around 12.6V with everything off, and 13.5-14.5V with the engine running (idle-2,500 rpm).

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

I found the inertial switch listed in the Ford catalog for 2007-10, but nothing for 2011+, which leads me to believe its' function is integrated into some module. And yet, the 2012 (not 2011) FSM has a line in there stating exactly this:

"Verify the inertia fuel shutoff (IFS) switch is set (button pushed in). Refer to the Owner's Literature for location."

Of course, no mention of where this switch might be in the owner's manual either. Fun times.