want that solid white HID !!!

Hello,

Currently I have a non-HID 2016 Edge. I'd like to get some HIDs for it, was looking at the Morimoto kit and it looks like a quality set. My only uncertainty is the lamp color temp. I really want the light output to match the 2016's solid-white LED accent lights that sit below the headlights (attached). The stock headlights are just too yellow for me.

If the Morimoto 50w ballast (XB55) is used, it says it increases luminance by 20%, decreases lamp life by 20%, and reduces the color temp by around 1000K. So if I use the 50w/XB55 ballast, is the 6500K lamp the best choice for a total-white/no-yellow light output, knowing that the heavier ballast with knock it down ~1000K? I also don't want a heavy blue hue, though juuuuust a touch would be okay.

Looking forward to hearing your opinions or experiences. Thanks very much!

post-41577-0-16724000-1468039204_thumb.jpg

Edited by James Costa

I dont know if it was a typo or not but anything with blue will not match the signature lights. 35w ballast would suit you just fine. Vehicle is too new to see how the projector housing hold up to the increased heat of the 50w. But if you want to do some R&D and see if melts the housing over time go ahead. I really can't help you with HID. I am one of those who prefer performance over looks and to get your lights to perform correctly to my standard you would have to retrofit a HID projector into the light. Theres quite a few 15-16s running aftermarket HID if you search