MPG average?

npggirl

Don't know if Lincoln Mkx is a lot different from the Edge.

first tank- I messed the computer up somehow. :doh:

second tank- Took 18.1 gallons with 17 miles left to empty. 19.3mpg 38 avg. mph Shell gas

third tank - Still working on it, computer says 19.8mpg 43 avg. mph Sunoco gas

For the mass thats being hauled around I'm impressed :hyper:

AWD MKX - We took a short road trip last week weekend and our 150 mile round trip included some stop and go driving was 21.0 mpg - temp in the low forties. I drove the first leg and averaged 76 MPH, and my wife drove the the way back and she averaged 73 MPH.

Ā 

Overall we are at 17.8 mixed mpg. We have 720.0 miles on the clock - I suspect it should get better, it has been in the teens and twenties this week here in WI.

Ā 

We were getting 14.5 mixed driving MPG in our full-time AWD Aviator and in the 17's on the highway. Usually got at least 1 full MPG when the weather is over 50 degrees.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, capnkirk. It's encouraging that you're getting anywhere from 16-20 mpg (city) with the AWD & Vista options. I drive 100% city and would have thought that the mileage would sink noticeably thanks to that combo. Another plus is that I have no use for an AWD, so that should bump my potential mileage up a notch.

Ā 

Thanks to everyone for posting your stats and various Edge-buying experiences. I lurk here and at 'Blue Oval News' quite often and it's been very helpful in trying to decide whether to take a chance (and plunk down that kind of cash) on the Edge.

• 4 weeks later...
In town we are seeing 16-20

Highway at 55-60 we are seeing 27-30

Highway at 65-70 it's about 24-27

Ā 

We have an AWD edge with 18" chromies

Ā 

I'll bet with and intake and exhaust and a decent tune we could bump those numbers by 2-3 MPG!!!

That's about what i have been seeing so far as well. Although my in-towns are a little higher... towards the 18-20 mark, but close enough.

Ā 

We dont have the sunroof though!

Ā 

Much above 70mph and the numbers start heading into the lower 20's.

This is a freakin JOKE!

Ā 

I have a little over 1500 miles and my mpg SUCK.

Ā 

I am recording them at www.fueleconomy.gov and my results are as follows. I didnt find the website for my 1st and maybe second tank, but My first tank was 12.4mpg!

Ā 

then it went like this: 12.3, 13.4, 17, and 15.3. the last 2 were MOSTLY highway. at least 80/20 highway. So be VERY happy that you guys are getting UNREAL numbers, because mine are horrible!

Ā 

I love the car but would give it back ASAP if I could. :beatdeadhorse:

For those of you that have gotten your edge...

what is your average MPG?

What are you averaging city and hwy?

Another guy posted a similar question on another thread, and I was hoping to see what everyone is averaging...

Thanks

:shift:

Ā 

Hi, !

I'm from Quebec, Canada and i have my Edge since january 11th.

The average MPG is around of 15 litres/100 km.

this average included all conditions of roading, highway, town, and all conditions of temperature.

Ā 

It's not very good but i love it so much.

Ā 

Thanks

This is a freakin JOKE!

Ā 

I have a little over 1500 miles and my mpg SUCK.

Ā 

I am recording them at www.fueleconomy.gov and my results are as follows. I didnt find the website for my 1st and maybe second tank, but My first tank was 12.4mpg!

Ā 

then it went like this: 12.3, 13.4, 17, and 15.3. the last 2 were MOSTLY highway. at least 80/20 highway. So be VERY happy that you guys are getting UNREAL numbers, because mine are horrible!

Ā 

I love the car but would give it back ASAP if I could. :beatdeadhorse:

How are you figuring out your mileage? Are you dividing the gallons used into the miles traveled or using the onboard computer? I am averaging just under 20 in city with a FWD MKX and mid 20's on the highway.

Well, I look at my tripometer and then I see how many gallons of gas I pump. Then, I divide the miles I travelled by the gallons of fuel I used. then I re-set the tripometer and do it all over again.

Ā 

so, if I have 280 on my tripometer and I put in 17 gallons of fuel that gives me...16.47 mpg. I do not have an on board computer and I wouldnt trust those numbers even if I did. I would still calculate on my own as well.

Ā 

I am also entering all the data at www.fueleconomy.gov and they ask all the questions and it calculates it there for you. There is a notes section and I am using that for the specific gas stations I use when I fill up. (Sunoco, BP, Exxon, GetGo, etc...)

Ā 

I hope that answered your question. :)

After the little experiment this week and general 80/20 city/highway driving i came out with 17.7mpg, the computer calc'd around 18.0 - dont know if all the computers are calibrated so closely. Even though its not exactly what i get at the pump, you can see if you are edging up the numbers while you drive. Overall so far logged on that fuel economy (for some reason it wont let me share the info - already wrote to them) site is about 1230 miles for 62.52 gal (19.67 mpg) to date, which splits up to about 73% city and 27% highway.