SYNC 3 Apps disappearing

Hey guy s I have a question about sync 3 apps. Is it normal for the apps to disappear from sync 3 and then have to be added back? I have Iheartradio(auto), Pandora, and Spotify. I hardly ever use Spotify, but the other 2 maybe 4 time a week. So anyways every so often they are no longer in sync and have to add them back "find new apps". I'm wondering if it is because when the app itself updates on the phone that they for some reason unpair form sync. Anyways, just wondering if it normal because it sure is a pain to have to re-add them.

Galaxy S6. I called Samsung and was eventually able to talk with someone. Apparently this is a known issue and even though Ford says Sync3 is compatible with Samsung phones, it really isn't fully compatible. Samsung's fix iis to put phone contacts on the device and not the sim card. Since I did this there hasn't been an issue.

Maybe if you are saving apps to the sim card....that could be the issue. I've never used power saving on my phone.

Edited by Hermans

Turn power saving off for those apps. I had the same issue and turning power saving off for those apps solved the issue.

You didnt mention if you have an iphone or a smartphone so this may not apply.

I have Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, yes my phone is an Edge too ;-)

Thanks! That's the same phone I have! I'll give it a try.

Galaxy S6. I called Samsung and was eventually able to talk with someone. Apparently this is a known issue and even though Ford says Sync3 is compatible with Samsung phones, it really isn't fully compatible. Samsung's fix iis to put phone contacts on the device and not the sim card. Since I did this there hasn't been an issue.

Maybe if you are saving apps to the sim card....that could be the issue. I've never used power saving on my phone.

Thankfully I haven't had any issues with contacts, but sounds like a good idea!

Hey everyone!

When using AppLink, the app should be open and running every time. You can read more about it here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/applink/how-to-use-mobile-apps-with-sync-3-and-applink.html

Also, SYNC has a hard time finding contacts on the SIM because they need to be stored locally.

Shaay

Hey everyone!

When using AppLink, the app should be open and running every time. You can read more about it here: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/applink/how-to-use-mobile-apps-with-sync-3-and-applink.html

Also, SYNC has a hard time finding contacts on the SIM because they need to be stored locally.

Shaay

Hmmm that kind of kills the whole idea of the feature. If use has to pull the phone out of pocket to launch the app.

Fortunately, in practice it works better than that. I dont need to manually start spotify etc. on my phone myself. I just select it from "mobile apps" or from audio sources and it automatically launches the app on phone (in my pocket).

Maybe Android just keeps those apps running all the time. Power saving kills those apps and thats why they disappear.

Oh well It doesnt matter to me anyway since spotify is so pricey I cant use it and Fordpass is an app which even the developers dont know the use of.

No other relevant apps either.

• Like 1

Hmmm that kind of kills the whole idea of the feature. If use has to pull the phone out of pocket to launch the app.

Fortunately, in practice it works better than that. I dont need to manually start spotify etc. on my phone myself. I just select it from "mobile apps" or from audio sources and it automatically launches the app on phone (in my pocket).

Maybe Android just keeps those apps running all the time. Power saving kills those apps and thats why they disappear.

Oh well It doesnt matter to me anyway since spotify is so pricey I cant use it and Fordpass is an app which even the developers dont know the use of.

No other relevant apps either.

Hi luxpow,

You're correct. Android devices keeps the apps running in the background until you force quit it. However, iPhones must have the app running in the foreground.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam
  • Like 1