2008 Edge TSBs

I went onto NHTSA's website and found the following TSBs for the 2008 Edge

Make : FORD Model : EDGE Year : 2008

Manufacturer : FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Service Bulletin Num : 20003 Date of Bulletin: OCT 01, 2007

NHTSA Item Number: 10023436

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Summary:

6F50 TRANSAXLE EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHEN STOPPED ON A HILL IN DRIVE OR REVERSE WITHOUT SERVICE BRAKE APPLIED MAY ROLL (WON'T HOLD). *NJ

Service Bulletin Num : 07311 Date of Bulletin: OCT 01, 2007

NHTSA Item Number: 10021280

Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Summary:

6F50 TRANSAXLES BUILT PRIOR TO 1/1/07 - DTC P0715, P0717, P0718, P0720, AND/OR HARSH ENGAGEMENT, NO UPSHIFT, FIFTH GEAR ONLY. *KB UPDATED 2/6/08. *NJ

Service Bulletin Num : 0713 Date of Bulletin: DEC 01, 2007

NHTSA Item Number: 10021218

Component: STEERING:HYDRAULIC POWER ASSIST:HOSE, PIPING, AND CONNECTIONS

Summary:

POWER STEERING FLUID LEAKS FROM STEERING RACK AND PUMP ATTACHMENT JOINTS. *KB UPDATED 2/27/08. *NJ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I went onto NHTSA's website and found the following TSBs for the 2008 Edge

Service Bulletin Num : 20003 Date of Bulletin: OCT 01, 2007

NHTSA Item Number: 10023436

Component: POWER TRAIN:AXLE ASSEMBLY

Summary:

6F50 TRANSAXLE EQUIPPED VEHICLES WHEN STOPPED ON A HILL IN DRIVE OR REVERSE WITHOUT SERVICE BRAKE APPLIED MAY ROLL (WON'T HOLD). *NJ

Have they come up with a repair for ths "rollback" problem? I bought mine 6/22/08 and have noticed the same problem. :banghead:

Drive On!!... :rockon:

Fast Freddie...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Have they come up with a repair for ths "rollback" problem? I bought mine 6/22/08 and have noticed the same problem. :banghead:

Drive On!!... :rockon:

Fast Freddie...

If yours was manufactured after February 2008, you do not need the service, the service is for the first models, I took mine and they did nothing to it, as mine was manufactured in June. If it still rolls, it will do it for life, until they decided to change the design, no setting on the transmission will avoid a 2 tons vehicle from rolling down in incline if no brake is applied, unless any internal mechanical part is redesigned, or the rpms in idle are increased to create the needed torque, all of the above will attempt against the mileage you will get.

If yours was manufactured after February 2008, you do not need the service, the service is for the first models, I took mine and they did nothing to it, as mine was manufactured in June. If it still rolls, it will do it for life, until they decided to change the design, no setting on the transmission will avoid a 2 tons vehicle from rolling down in incline if no brake is applied, unless any internal mechanical part is redesigned, or the rpms in idle are increased to create the needed torque, all of the above will attempt against the mileage you will get.

Isn't the roll back due to a designed low stall speed of the torque converter?

if so I do not see any software upgrade being very effective.

Edited by 08LTDEDGE

Isn't the roll back due to a designed low stall speed of the torquw converter?

We beleive so, but that has not been confirmed by any offcial source, and no service manager has been able to tell me why for sure, and I have not read any official statement from Ford saying that it is due to the design of the converter, honestly it is better t obeleive that is due to that, ratherthan a defect...LOL...But OTOH they implemented a sofware upgrade also in the plant, according to the TSB...so maybe on top of that, there was something wrong on the settings as well... :sos:

Isn't the roll back due to a designed low stall speed of the torquw converter?

Yes - that's obviously the cause and I asked the same question. They either raised the idle RPM to compensate (which most people who have had the update deny) or changed something in the transmission controls to compensate (although I can't imagine what that would be.

Let me ask my former Ford transmission engineer and see what he thinks.

Yes - that's obviously the cause and I asked the same question. They either raised the idle RPM to compensate (which most people who have had the update deny) or changed something in the transmission controls to compensate (although I can't imagine what that would be.

Let me ask my former Ford transmission engineer and see what he thinks.

FYI my Edge was built the week of August 11th 2008, and it will roll back on a slight incline if I take my foot off of the brake while the Edge is in drive

• 1 month later...