2012 Edge Sport - SYNC Wonkiness

I'm experiencing a few really annoying issues with SYNC and was wondering if it may be an indication of an impending failure of the APIM:

1. Back in March I ordered the A7 map update and by August I was receiving an error indicating that the navigation SD card had failed. HERE Maps kindly sent me a new A7 card and all is well except occasionally I will see "insert navigation SD card" warnings. I don't do anything and the message goes away eventually.

2. Bluetooth pairing with my iPhone seems to be FUBARed. When I start the car, I find that I am in a speakerphone call with myself. I see "my number," and an "end call" button in the phone quadrant as if I'm in a phone call. I don't hear the Sirius channel that I'm tuned to, just dead air. I tried re-pairing the phone to no avail.

3. Other odd quirks that I cannot recall.

Should I have the car serviced at a dealer? Might this fall under the extended APIM warranty coverage? Thanks.

I'm experiencing a few really annoying issues with SYNC and was wondering if it may be an indication of an impending failure of the APIM:

1. Back in March I ordered the A7 map update and by August I was receiving an error indicating that the navigation SD card had failed. HERE Maps kindly sent me a new A7 card and all is well except occasionally I will see "insert navigation SD card" warnings. I don't do anything and the message goes away eventually.

2. Bluetooth pairing with my iPhone seems to be FUBARed. When I start the car, I find that I am in a speakerphone call with myself. I see "my number," and an "end call" button in the phone quadrant as if I'm in a phone call. I don't hear the Sirius channel that I'm tuned to, just dead air. I tried re-pairing the phone to no avail.

3. Other odd quirks that I cannot recall.

Should I have the car serviced at a dealer? Might this fall under the extended APIM warranty coverage? Thanks.

Hi Kissel,

Like akirby suggested, reboot your phone and try a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html If you're still experiencing issues, a dealer visit is needed.

Shaay

Edited by FordIVTteam

Shaay,

Not 24 hours after performing a master reset as per Ford's instructions located here, I get a "Navigation SD Card Fault" when I started the car to leave work. Is it safe to assume the dealer won't replace the APIM under Customer Satisfaction Program 12M02 unless the MFT interface is completely unusable? Mine appears to be on the road to total failure but I fear that may not happen before I reach 5 years on the APIM extended warranty. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.