Disable Sensors on Side?

Not sure what the right term for them are.

The problem is the senors that sense side impact / traffic are too sensitive. I come to a stop at a stop sign, the right one starts beeping for no reason. Stop at a traffic light...same thing.

I disabled the "Cross Traffic" option in the side panel of the cluster and I thought that did it. When I started the Edge this morning, it was enabled again. So I disabled and on the way to work, the sensors will still acting funny.

All you can do is push the button on the dash to temporarily disable them. There is no permanent setting. Same problem with our MKX. I think they need a software update to desensitize the sensors.

What they need is an option to turn the off all the time. Or let me know what fuse to pull to disable them LOL.

Do you also notice this with your sensors? It is pretty annoying

Yes - ours will alert when there is nothing there but a low curb. And almost every time we're in the drive thru. Very annoying. Our 2008 edge had a permanent off setting but I think that went away around the 2011 model year. It's not terrible because you can just hit the dash button but yes it's annoying.

• Like 1

Mine does this on occasion too when pulling up to a stop sign, even though I'm about 5 ft away from the curb. It's usually the right front sensor and happens when I first drive it for the day. I think it's related to moisture in or around the sensor as it happens more on damp or rainy days. I occasionally get a left or right front warning while stopped at a traffic light behind another vehicle even though I'm about 6 ft behind it. I just push the disable button as my lease is up soon and don't feel like taking it to the dealer only to be told "cannot duplicate issue".

• 1 year later...