Trip To Italy

tiaquessa

OK, I know that this has nothing to do with the Edge, but I need some advice from you guys and gals. A friend of mine owns a top quality car wax company that Ferrari has chosen to be their official wax for the cars, and company. He invited me to go to the Ferrari Factory in Maranello Italy for a week, to help him present the wax that was specially formulated for Ferrari. My dilemma is that my wife is going to have a fit when I tell her about the trip. To me, I don't think I'll EVER get another chance in my lifetime to go to the Ferrari Factory, and it's an all expenses paid trip to boot. I can't see how I can let this one go. Just trying to find a way talk to her about this once in a lifetime trip.

my best friend was stationed at Germany in the mid 90's, he offered to fly me over and pay for everything (and bring the wife along) We didn't go. probably should have "just went and dealt w/ it later"

It is easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. (heard that somewhere, and it seems to work) maybe flowers <shrug shoulders>

Good Luck

I'm sure I'll be wondering the same years from now if I don't go. I mean, I'm sure the wife and I will go to Italy sometime in our lives. But to be invited to the Ferrari factory is another thing. We are presenting the wax for the first time, and after this trip, there probably won't be any more trips to the factory. Like I said before, it's a once in a lifetime chance to see one of the greatest automobiles ever produced.

OK, I know that this has nothing to do with the Edge, but I need some advice from you guys and gals. A friend of mine owns a top quality car wax company that Ferrari has chosen to be their official wax for the cars, and company. He invited me to go to the Ferrari Factory in Maranello Italy for a week, to help him present the wax that was specially formulated for Ferrari. My dilemma is that my wife is going to have a fit when I tell her about the trip. To me, I don't think I'll EVER get another chance in my lifetime to go to the Ferrari Factory, and it's an all expenses paid trip to boot. I can't see how I can let this one go. Just trying to find a way talk to her about this once in a lifetime trip.

:redcard: Why would your wife have a fit? Is she specting a baby at the same time? Would she feel completely left out to the point that her misery would outweigh her happiness for you?

*makes no sense*.

There are people who don't like being outside their comfort zone. They create (sometimes imaginary) situations where they're not in charge so they don't have to do whatever it is that is making them uncomfortable. "Wife would have a fit" lands squarely in that zone.

E.g. True story: DH got a call from a friend asking him to go in on season tickets for the AZ Cardinals. DH is not a fan and isn't interested. Can't just tell friend, "not up my alley, but thanks." Tells friend "Linda said no." I wasn't even asked, only blamed.

So, if you want to go on an all expense trip, get a spine and be honest.

A) Rare opportunity

B) All expenses paid

c) FARARRI for a WEEK (Maranello is not otherwise a cool city. It might as well be in Southern Indiana and you can quote me on that. It is not a romantic city, it is not full of wilesome women and it is not beautiful -- sorry in advance to those who live in Southern Indiana)

d) If Italy is on her list of places to go (e.g. Florence, Venice, Rome -- not Milan or Maranello), then you can have a romantic week that you specifically plan for, put on the calendar and budget money for so you can go.

Simply to avoid the subject because the thought of "no" or her "having a fit" is beyond lame. If you don't go and blame her later??? Dude, you're a dead man.

Grow a set and have the conversation. Nicely. But have it.

:redcard: Why would your wife have a fit? Is she specting a baby at the same time? Would she feel completely left out to the point that her misery would outweigh her happiness for you?

*makes no sense*.

There are people who don't like being outside their comfort zone. They create (sometimes imaginary) situations where they're not in charge so they don't have to do whatever it is that is making them uncomfortable. "Wife would have a fit" lands squarely in that zone.

E.g. True story: DH got a call from a friend asking him to go in on season tickets for the AZ Cardinals. DH is not a fan and isn't interested. Can't just tell friend, "not up my alley, but thanks." Tells friend "Linda said no." I wasn't even asked, only blamed.

So, if you want to go on an all expense trip, get a spine and be honest.

A) Rare opportunity

B) All expenses paid

c) FARARRI for a WEEK (Maranello is not otherwise a cool city. It might as well be in Southern Indiana and you can quote me on that. It is not a romantic city, it is not full of wilesome women and it is not beautiful -- sorry in advance to those who live in Southern Indiana)

d) If Italy is on her list of places to go (e.g. Florence, Venice, Rome -- not Milan or Maranello), then you can have a romantic week that you specifically plan for, put on the calendar and budget money for so you can go.

Simply to avoid the subject because the thought of "no" or her "having a fit" is beyond lame. If you don't go and blame her later??? Dude, you're a dead man.

Grow a set and have the conversation. Nicely. But have it.

+1

If my DH had the opportunity to do the same, I might be bummed that he got to go and I didnt. I might be sad that I would miss him. I might even be pissed that he gets to jet off and leave me with the business, kids and all the household duties. BUT would I say NO or Have a fit?? Not on your life. The chance to do something so cool........just doesnt come around every day.

If the shoe was on the other foot and I had the opportunity, and my DH threw a fit, and said NO. If he was totally unreasonable, I would have to question our relationship..........

let us know how it goes..............

• 1 month later...

you HAVE to go... you'll regret it.

just explain it as once in a lifetime and if she says no then make it worth her while. the only reason I can wives saying no is they don't get to go, or have any "fun" during your enjoyment. but if you make it fun for them while you're gone, give a nice spa treatment / retreat and give her some girls night out, and bring her back a nice gift (italian leather ahhh) then what's the problem?

also in my experience the sooner you present it, the better :) always works for me