Looking for step by step to remove oil pressure sending unit.

Nate Shamblin

My wife's 2007 Lincoln POS (cough cough) MKX is leaking oil from the oil pressure sending unit. Well, I get under it to tighten it because I see about 1/2" of threads showing. So I end up removing the bottom nut and bolt for the AC compressor so I can pry it out of the way 1/4" to fit a wrench up there.

First of, what was ford thinking? Not screwING the OPSU all the way in? I'm suprized it lasted 197k miles before giving out!

Second... how the crap do I get to the upper bolt on the AC compressor so I can replace the OPSU myself instead of taking to a shop that will rape my wallet?!

I was able to tighten it all the way in, but it didn't fix the leak. I just can't get the OPSU out with the AC compressor in the way.

Thanks in advance!

Nate:

Sorry you're having such a tough time with your wife's car. My Edge has 196,000 miles on it, and so far so good.

Here is what you're looking for. Pretty straight forward. If you need more room, I'd remove the oil filter elbow. I've attached the factory repair manual excerpts for your use.

Happy Trails.

Ford Edge Oil Pressure Sw.pdf

• Like 2

• 4 years later...