Anyone ever buy their Edge after lease end?

I've heard that Chrysler/Jeep's UConnect is head and shoulders above other infotainment systems... have you found it to be as good as they say?

Disclaimer. I'm coming from the Sync (2?) system in my '15 Edge and the Sync system in my '11 Mustang. I can't compare this to Sync 3.

So far I really like it. It is FAST. Typing stuff in to the text areas is super quick. It is easy to find things, to make changes, etc. Since Sirius/XM is free I'm using that again and the way you can browse through it is awesome. And the ability to block channels so they don't even show up while scrolling is awesome. If Sync 3 isn't a huge leap from Sync 2....then this infotainment system is definitely better. It is like comparing a cheap chinese knockoff android based tablet from 2005 to a new iPad Pro.

The UConnect thing is cool. I can remote start, lock/unolock, locate my car, and have my car honk it's horn from my PC or phone.

Android Auto is OK. Probably the same in Sync. Not a fan of it taking over my phone. But it will be handy when I'm trying to navigate somewhere that I found on my phone. Just plug it in the USB and the google maps Navi pops up on the screen. It'll do Waze too. UConnect allows you to send a destination to your car from your phone also. I HATED using the Nav in Sync. So slow to type things in. With this one I don't think I'd mind because of how fast it is to respond.

• Like 1

Another thing I'll miss is the keypad entry. That really does come in handy when I would run out to the car to grab something and I forgot my fob. I probably used that a few times a week.

With Uconnect Go I do have the option to unlock from my phone, but that doesn't really solve the problem. AND it can take 30 seconds for the unlock to actually happen.

Not sure why other manufacturers don't use keypads.

Welp she was turned in today. I really enjoyed her while I had her and it'll make a nice used car for the next owner. She was very well taken care of. I took out my WeatherTech mats, vacuumed, and threw in the original mats. Looks like the day it rolled off the line.

I'll probably be posting the mats for sale in the classified section and that'll be all for me here.

To all that have helped with questions....thanks. Great community here. You may see me in the future when it is time for my next ride. Still own my Mustang so will always be a Ford guy.

Good Luck.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I just bought my 2015 Ford Edge sport off its lease. I received it on 10/25/15 - I special ordered it. Its fully loaded with every option available for a 2015 sport. I only have 13,800 miles on it so there was no way I was going to turn it back it. It really looks showroom new as I am very picky about caring for my car. I know it does not have Sync 3, but I rather like Sync 2 my ford touch - the layout makes sense to me. I just updated the version to 3.10 and felt the process was rather easy to do. I did buy the extended warranty directly thru Ford. My buyout was 26,800. The new ST looks nice, and the updated options are great, but I could not justify the upgrade. Plus I like the front façade better and the full tail light on my car more than the 2019's. Also, my wife, who is not a car person, was still driving a 16 year old Honda mini van. I upgraded her to a 2018 fully loaded Ford Escape Titanium - we pick that up tomorrow. We are leasing this vehicle - the end of September deals on 18's are amazing. So I will still get to play with Sync 3.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...