The first heavily modded edge?

Well I've been lurking the past few weeks as I've adjusted to the new car, and as a daily I find almost no fault (other than it gets the same mileage as my GT before it was modded), however it is rather boring, especially in the low end.

After having a talk with a local custom shop I've decided to go all out with my edge. My overall goal of this build is to be a competitor to the Cayenne Turbos, both inside and out.

Before the inevitable questions of "why" and "are you insane", yes I have the means for this build, and it'll be staged over the course of probably a couple years due yo custom work and waitlists alone.

So my initial questions are for mild mods to tide me over until she goes under the knife. Topping the list is low end power. It is atrocious in these cars, what have people done to remedy that? I've seen the livernois tune that supposedly picks up a ton in the low end, does anyone have first hangs experience with it?

I also saw HR lowering springs and have found plenty of excellent reviews on for a temp setup before air suspension, anyone out there have any negative experience or any reason to not go with them?

Does anyone make a big brake system, I've seen these cars lowered on larger wheels, and the stock brakes look a little ridiculous with anything larger than stock.

Last but arguably the most important, does anyone know the exact mechanical differences between our NA engines and the ecoboost setup? (Secondary to that, does that awd system get any improvements between the two?)

Thank you all in advance, post up pics of your modded setup too!

Edited by Edge4zMtns
  • Like 1

your edge is 2013? Livernois has nothing for you. Neither does the aftermarket world. Almost anything you do will be 100% custom. If you have the 2.0 Ecoboost, you have ZERO tuning support and outside of a standalone engine management system wont get any support. But yes, HnR makes springs that barely lower the 07-14 Edge, and Rotora makes a big brake kit that is currently on clearance.

Well I've been lurking the past few weeks as I've adjusted to the new car, and as a daily I find almost no fault (other than it gets the same mileage as my GT before it was modded), however it is rather boring, especially in the low end.
After having a talk with a local custom shop I've decided to go all out with my edge. My overall goal of this build is to be a competitor to the Cayenne Turbos, both inside and out.

Before the inevitable questions of "why" and "are you insane", yes I have the means for this build, and it'll be staged over the course of probably a couple years due yo custom work and waitlists alone.

So my initial questions are for mild mods to tide me over until she goes under the knife. Topping the list is low end power. It is atrocious in these cars, what have people done to remedy that? I've seen the livernois tune that supposedly picks up a ton in the low end, does anyone have first hangs experience with it?
I also saw HR lowering springs and have found plenty of excellent reviews on for a temp setup before air suspension, anyone out there have any negative experience or any reason to not go with them?
Does anyone make a big brake system, I've seen these cars lowered on larger wheels, and the stock brakes look a little ridiculous with anything larger than stock.
Last but arguably the most important, does anyone know the exact mechanical differences between our NA engines and the ecoboost setup? (Secondary to that, does that awd system get any improvements between the two?)

• Like 2

You CAN build it up using parts, for example, from http://www.supersixmotorsports.com. They even have an Ecoboost based twin turbo setup, dunno if it will fit in the Edge though, MIGHT fit the 3.7 in the Sport. Packaging is tight in the Edge. After the engine, you will have to consider the transmission. The 6F50 has ... limitations. The 6F55 is better for the performance range you are looking for. So you will need to source an adapter at the very least, which is not that difficult to custom make. May also need to modify the subframe. Again, not that big of a deal.

Not sure what is happening with this particular project, but one gentleman in Germany was working on sourcing a carbon fiber driveshaft for his SHO after the OEM driveshaft got twisted up at high tripledigit speeds. So that's another thing. Then there's the RDU.

All in All, I would say you might consider an optional path of adapting the SHO 3.5 TT Ecoboost powertrain to the Edge. May have to make some structural modifications up front and shorten the driveshaft, etc. A built block from Livernois would go a long way to high power & reliable power. They are working on an upgrade to the 6F55, so you can talk to them about it.

HTH.

• 2 weeks later...

your edge is 2013? Livernois has nothing for you. Neither does the aftermarket world. Almost anything you do will be 100% custom. If you have the 2.0 Ecoboost, you have ZERO tuning support and outside of a standalone engine management system wont get any support. But yes, HnR makes springs that barely lower the 07-14 Edge, and Rotora makes a big brake kit that is currently on clearance.

Nick, this has to be the same guy...