Adding 3rd Fob to 2017 Edge (success!)

Oh hi,

In searching add to self program a third FOB, I found a lot of weird stuff...including two separate methods on the Ford site.

This page on Ford did not work:

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/locks-and-security/how-to-program-your-intelligent-access-key.html

The owner manual page does work, but here's the rub. The manual tells you to wait 5 seconds between actions. I would just count 1001,1002, etc. Seems I count to slow. In fact if you read the section on how to find your factory combination to the door entry, it has the same basic procedure but says wait a couple of seconds.

After multiple failures I only waited a couple of seconds between steps and that worked!

Hope that helps someone!

Oh I ordered my FOB of Amazon for 75.00 Now I need to get the real key cut!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Guys,

I need info for a third key / transponder only for European Edge (just installed remote start / smart start two weeks ago, and they invalidated one of the keys for that procedure).

Still waiting for a technical answer from Ford dealer, but I don't have high hopes for that.

Do you have any idea how to get a part number for what I need? Alarm guys (Viper) are telling me that they only need the transponder / chip, but I can not seem to be able to find a suitable one for that type of car.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Is the fifth key for remote start?

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2017/ford/edge/sport-trim/2-7l-v6-gas-engine/electrical-cat/keyless-entry-components-scat

Part # Description List Price Price DS7Z15K601U Transmitter

EDGE; W/ REMOTE START

- - Part # Description List Price Price DS7Z-15K601-H Transmitter

EDGE; W/ O REMOTE START

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone - brand new to the forum. The family will be picking up a 2018 Edge Titanium (w/remote start) this coming week and had a question on the intelligent access keys. I want to add a third one. The dealer is asking $214 for one, which seems a little steep, so I am weighing my options. When I search for that DS7Z15K601U Transmitter on a few Ford parts sites, it says discontinued.

Does anyone have replacement number or know if the 2018 is different?

I can wait until the vehicle comes in and try to find a number on it.

If I order it from an online Ford dealer other than my dealer, will they cut the key? I didn't know if there was a code I can give them or if they'd need a physical key to use as a guide.

​Thanks,

​Al