Edge - DVD Navigation and Rear Entertainment TOGETHER?

Sorry if this has been discussed before...I'm considering an 08 Edge Limited but I just came across an issue while looking at the various options and pricing one online. Is it true that you CANNOT have both the DVD Navigation and the Rear Entertainment packages together? That is potentially a deal killer for me.

Thanks for any feedback

Sorry if this has been discussed before...I'm considering an 08 Edge Limited but I just came across an issue while looking at the various options and pricing one online. Is it true that you CANNOT have both the DVD Navigation and the Rear Entertainment packages together? That is potentially a deal killer for me.

Thanks for any feedback

I just went on the Ford website to check this out. When you order the DVD Nav system, you must also order the BAMR. So you cannot order the overhead Entertainment system. But, you can get the dealer installed Entertainment headrest system, which is actually much better. Hope this helps.

I just went on the Ford website to check this out. When you order the DVD Nav system, you must also order the BAMR. So you cannot order the overhead Entertainment system. But, you can get the dealer installed Entertainment headrest system, which is actually much better. Hope this helps.

I too had the same problem. I wanted the BAMR so I am having DVD installed in the headrest. The things we do for our grandchildren. We are using a guy that we actually know but is recommended by the dealer to install.

Welcome. My Edge is on order and I can't wait!!!

My MKX came with the overhead DVD and it is nice but I agree with the other posts that the DVD in the headrests would be better-especially if you have two kids that don't want the same movie.Trust me from experience that they almost never want to watch the same flick. :rant:

This may not be an issue if you order from the factory. I have the BAMR but not the nav on mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Actually that's common for the dealer to say. They want to sell you what they have or what it's easy for them to get.

You can have both the DVD NAV SYSTEM and the REAR OVERHEAD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, because not only the moonroof models have the NAV system. You can get a DVD NAV SYSTEM on the moonroof-less model... which means no issue there. Go to another dealer since they dont wanna cooperate.

AS far as the giant moonroof, if you want it (believe me it's nice to have) then opt for the headrest screens rather. Not to mention that when the screen is down, it blocks the view on your rearview mirror anyway.