Combining Posts??

Dear ADMIN...

Since joining this forum, I've spent many hours browsing posts to try to get a better understanding of MY problem!

It seems like there are a very LARGE number of folks just on this forum who have had or are having issues with their EDGE PTU's.

Mine too, is leaking and I am waiting for the dealer to call and tell my the NEW PTU is in from Ford. I have printed many papers from this forum, especially regarding the venting issue from the PTU. Hopefully, I can get the service writer to even look at them?

There are literally hundreds of posts regarding this issue, but most are scattered through the entire forum.

Would it be possible to combine these posts?

I'm not sure how many other issues with Ford products have this many posts, but if any, they too, could be combined.

Thanks for the great forum

I get it folks! I figured that there would be a certain amount of work involved! But being only semi-literate with computers, I guess that my mind underplayed the amount of work that was involved. That probably comes from watching my son update, repair my computer...click, click, click...there dad, you're good for awhile now!!!

My reference was actually to just the AWD section and it's nine pages. There are numerous AWD and PTO discussions in about six of those pages. Yes, some are redundant, but others are not. It also would demonstrate the LARGE number of confirmed problems with these PTO's since way back in the 2007/2008 years.

I also can't help but wonder, thus my detailed search, if there is data regarding Edge or Flex PTO problems and how many of these have a factory towing package. Mine does, and I do a small amount of towing. Perhaps I will start yet another discussion about that??!!

Thanks for your help....

Edited by zakatooi2012

Combining topics really only works when the topics are relatively new and short and it helps to direct all future comments in one place. Just doesn't work for longer and older topics.

Besides, you would not want to read through a 200 page topic trying to find your answer. Easier to find 2 or 3 relevant shorter topics and read those.

• Like 1