Ford Logo

3-mer

I noticed that the Ford logo on my 2008 Edge is peeling off. It is the blue paint under the Ford name. It is only doing this on the rear of the vehicle. Is this a common problem. I love the vehicle, this does not show well and cannot put a good face out for quality. Is this a dealer replacable item?

Thanks for any help

I noticed that the Ford logo on my 2008 Edge is peeling off. It is the blue paint under the Ford name. It is only doing this on the rear of the vehicle. Is this a common problem. I love the vehicle, this does not show well and cannot put a good face out for quality. Is this a dealer replacable item?

Thanks for any help

Hi 3-mer. :D Not a common problem, but yes, things happen. Easily fixed though. Take it to your Dealer. They will order one if needed and replace it.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

• 3 months later...
My dealer would not warranty the Logo. Any suggestions for getting it replaced?

Hi 3-mer. :D What reason did the Dealers Service Department give for not replacing it under Warranty? Unless they claim that there was some sort of outside damage (collision, vandalism etc.), it is a Warranty covered item.

You need to go back and politely insist that they replace it. Ask to speak to the Service Manager (if you have not already done so), not the Service Writers. If he can not give you a reason why it was refused, insist it be taken care of.

Now, assuming that there was actually no outside cause to the damage/problem: If they still refuse, let them know (again, politely but firmly) that they will lose your service dollars if they refuse to fix this under Warranty. If they still refuse, let them know that you are extremely dissatisfied that they would decline to replace an obviously defective piece while your car is still under Warranty, and that if they will not satisfy your request, that you will be forced to find another Dealer, one that knows how to correctly service their customers vehicles.

Perhaps it is all a misunderstanding and they will see the light. But if they don't, be prepared to follow through with your statement. Why would you want to continue to do business with a Dealership that will stick it to you on the small things? It will only happen sooner or later on the bigger things.

Edited by bbf2530

• 4 weeks later...
I went to a different Ford dealer today. He tool photos of the Blue Oval Logo, the front is now peeling off, came back a short time later and said that it was indeed a warranty item. Parts ordered, we be repaired.

Thanks,

:shades:

Hi 3-mer. :D Glad things finally worked out. Hope you have said a permanent goodbye to the other Dealership.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for any help

Absoletely big problem with this. I owned an '06 F150 with this problem also. I currently own '00 stang, '08 F250, and '08 edge all with the same problem. Also look carefully at all the chrome on the vehicle after a good cleaning as its all prone to peeling as well. especially around fog lights and grill. I replaced the fog bezels twice and have to replace them again and the vehicle only has 6500 miles or 11000 km. very poor quality and was warned about this at the dealership. All I can say is KEEP AN OUT! and also get them to replace it if its still under warranty

I forgot about this thread until it now resurfaced... but for the record, I am having the issue also. the blue is peeling in places :( I noticed it a bit back & damn if I forgot to tell the dealer when I was in for my first service recently. well, I will tell them next time or maybe it I go in for the 911 upgrade.