EDGE with flowmaster 40 delta flow series dual cat back installed

i would get my exhaust system today at a muffler shop of course =]..i only paid $350 for the whole setup.

Ill post some pictures and videos after the installation =]

40 Series Delta Flow -Two Chamber Mufflers

This two chamber design incorporates Flowmasters patented "Delta Flow" technology. The "Delta" deflectors result in increased scavenging for better performance and reduced interior resonance over the standard 40 series with a nice growl outside the vehicle. Sounds great on late model performance cars with catalytic converters. Constructed of 16 gauge aluminized steel and fully mig-welded for maximum durability.

heres a sound clip from a website =]

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/40_delta.html

what part # from that link did you get? I assume something from 3rd column, but which part #?

That is a lot less than the Gibson setup, so I assume it is muffler only - also looking at the link it shows only mufflers.

so, it is just the muffler, no tubing and they will cut out your muffler, weld to your existing in pipe, and weld back your 2 exhaust out pipes (with tips) back on to the new muffler?

what part # from that link did you get? I assume something from 3rd column, but which part #?

That is a lot less than the Gibson setup, so I assume it is muffler only - also looking at the link it shows only mufflers.

so, it is just the muffler, no tubing and they will cut out your muffler, weld to your existing in pipe, and weld back your 2 exhaust out pipes (with tips) back on to the new muffler?

it will be just the muffler with the two output...tips would be extra bucks

they will use my existing pipes and tubing..they said its compatible with this muffler

it will be just the muffler with the two output...tips would be extra bucks

they will use my existing pipes and tubing..they said its compatible with this muffler

so what part #

when I said tips, my 2008 has nice tips - I know some years/models do not, so I assume if they put back the exhaust outlets, and they have tips on them, they put them back. Sounds like that is what they do and if you had tips, they put them back on as they just reuse your 2 exhaust out pipes.

report back about the sound. I would be very curious how you personally think it compares to the actual sound clip they reference?

so what part #

when I said tips, my 2008 has nice tips - I know some years/models do not, so I assume if they put back the exhaust outlets, and they have tips on them, they put them back. Sounds like that is what they do and if you had tips, they put them back on as they just reuse your 2 exhaust out pipes.

report back about the sound. I would be very curious how you personally think it compares to the actual sound clip they reference?

ill go ahead and verify the part # and i will make a video as soon they will install it for me..

Sweet! thats what I am talking about. please do, it would help to have both. :hyper:

BTW, why did you pick that model versus some of their others?

finally i got an update

BENEFITS "warning : all information is based on my car performance"

my opinion and observation

heres the part number lex! 942444

i got my MPG improved by 1-5 MPG highway, 1-3 MPH city

i got my car tested on the dyno and i increased hp by 15-20 HP

engine temperature is lowered than the stock muffler......less than the halfway part

RPM goes up faster compared to stock muffler

it should increase all rubber life span parts in the engine because of its cooler temperature

ex. hoses, gaskets, wirings, and ECT

better engine combustion and could breath better as well

some pictures

I TOOK OFF THE RESONATOR AND I REPLACED IT WITH THE 40 SERIES MUFFLER

post-914-1208332492_thumb.jpg

post-914-1208332475_thumb.jpg

I TOOK OFf THE 2 STOCK MUFLER AT THE REAR AND INSTEAD I REPLACED IT WITH CAT BACK PIPES

post-914-1208332504_thumb.jpg

STAINLESS STEEL CHROME TIPS

post-914-1208332519_thumb.jpg

DUAL EXHAUST

post-914-1208332531_thumb.jpg

VIDEO UPDATE SOON ....

Edited by xtremedge808

very cool..

I would have assumed you would have just done like a 9424412 or something, but you changed it up totally. interesting. any reason why you just did not cut out what you had and put back right where you had it? did you learn/were told something about why doing it as you did it would be better than the rear muffler with dual exhaust out?

how about that sound? you made no mention of the actual sound difference you noticed? I am very curious about this: louder, perfect, obnoxious, no chnage

did it still just cost you $350 in the end?

FYI, cooler engine temps are not always ideal. For example, in a Chevy 350 I have in my truck, they are spec'd and are known to perform ideally when the temp is around 190-200, going below that hinders actual performance. The dyno results show some interesting numbers for you.

I wonder if the transmission has to adjust for this new reaching of RPMs faster than before in its shifting points?

very cool..

I would have assumed you would have just done like a 9424412 or something, but you changed it up totally. interesting. any reason why you just did not cut out what you had and put back right where you had it? did you learn/were told something about why doing it as you did it would be better than the rear muffler with dual exhaust out?

how about that sound? you made no mention of the actual sound difference you noticed? I am very curious about this: louder, perfect, obnoxious, no chnage

did it still just cost you $350 in the end?

FYI, cooler engine temps are not always ideal. For example, in a Chevy 350 I have in my truck, they are spec'd and are known to perform ideally when the temp is around 190-200, going below that hinders actual performance. The dyno results show some interesting numbers for you.

I wonder if the transmission has to adjust for this new reaching of RPMs faster than before in its shifting points?

my transmission shift alot faster compared to the stock muffler..."gaining speed alot faster"....rpm goes 1-3-5 that fast...

my car sounds like a 350z/half v8 sound on the idle but its twice louder...dont expect having a v8 sound on a v6 engine because it has a very small block.

my car sounds like a 350z/half v8 sound on the idle but its twice louder...dont expect having a v8 sound on a v6 engine because it has a very small block.

so.. you like the sound? surprised by it? wishing it was more/less? is/ is not what you thought?

I look forward to hearing your audio.. can you make a simple mp3 and post it with startup of car, idle, and rev?

so.. you like the sound? surprised by it? wishing it was more/less? is/ is not what you thought?

I look forward to hearing your audio.. can you make a simple mp3 and post it with startup of car, idle, and rev?

UPDATE ...UPDATE...THE MUFFLER AND PIPES WAS $350...PLUS THE STAINLESS TIPS WAS $70 EACH..PLUS THE LABOR WAS 150

HERES THE SOUND...I LOVE THE SOUND =]..I GOT MINES DONE AT BARRS MUFFLER WAIPIO

HERES THE OTHER ONE : PASSING BY SOUND

Edited by xtremedge808

well done! thanks, that really helps. comes through loud and clear.

my initial impression is that I love the concept, but my gut reaction tells me that for my personal taste/ear, the sound is a bit higher pitched (??) than I might like and and more like a compact tricked out honda then a subtle lower pitch, deeper throaty rumble (??). The rumbling vibrato is there that I really like, it just might be too high pitched for me and to obvious. hard to explain it exactly. maybe more like a deeper V8 sound I seek?

well done! thanks, that really helps. comes through loud and clear.

my initial impression is that I love the concept, but my gut reaction tells me that for my personal taste/ear, the sound is a bit higher pitched (??) than I might like and and more like a compact tricked out honda then a subtle lower pitch, deeper throaty rumble (??). The rumbling vibrato is there that I really like, it just might be too high pitched for me and to obvious. hard to explain it exactly. maybe more like a deeper V8 sound I seek?

YEA THE HIGH PITCH KILLS THE SOUND...IDLE SOUND IS OK SO FAR..

I MIGHT CHECK GOING TO SUPER 44, OR THE CHERRY BOMB VORTEX...SOON..JUST LET ME WASTE THIS MUFFLER FOR A TIME =]

i tought that our local laws states thats we cannot go over 120 db...my car goes like 85-90 dbi

Edited by xtremedge808

One thing I don't quite get is that how did it lower the engine temp? U didn't change the thermostat did you? 5 mpg better? We have the Gibson kit and haven't really noticed much of an increase at all. Do you have the programmer installed yet?

im still on the process of earning money to buy a programmer lol

i would like to order one of the super chip cortex programer soon =]

....im not too sure about the temperature because i just recently noticed that my temperature was lowered compared what i have seen before....flowmaster stated that their exhaust system could reduce a lot of heat under the hood in which it could extend the life span of rubber materials on the engine...the true flow of their technology reduced the build up heat inside the engine.

you never did explain why you elected to just swap the front muffler and totally removed the rear - as opposed to say 818EDGE's Gibson that kept both front and rear? you could have additionally done something from that 3rd column of the 40 Series (1 in plus 2 out) for the rear and had different results you suppose - I wonder of that would lower the pitch some, but then would you loose performance as you then have reduced airflow in the final 2nd muffler versus just straight out pipes?

also, do you know if this has any effect on the ability to pass state smog requirements?

I am still learning this aspect of exhaust, so thanks for the continued explanations.

Edited by Lex Talionis

As far as smog in CA goes, you can't remove or modify ANY emissions device. Basically no touching the Cats. You also can't change where the exhaust exits the vehicle. I got a smack on the hand for having turndowns with dual exhaust on my Chevy truck because they can't put the "sniffer" up under there and it could interfere with the chasis dyno at the smog shop. Noise would be the only other issue, but a REALLY loud V-6 sounds horrible.

P.S. I love the new Cube!! Do you work with him?

As far as smog in CA goes, you can't remove or modify ANY emissions device. Basically no touching the Cats. You also can't change where the exhaust exits the vehicle. I got a smack on the hand for having turndowns with dual exhaust on my Chevy truck because they can't put the "sniffer" up under there and it could interfere with the chasis dyno at the smog shop. Noise would be the only other issue, but a REALLY loud V-6 sounds horrible.

r u talking about the new nissan cube?..its only available in japan

scion xb is alot faster than nissan cube

the cube 0-60 is like 18.3 seconds..with 75 hp engine

first.. no just HUGE Cube fan (new album in June).. have been for nearly 20 years (thats a funny one above about thinking Cube was a car :hysterical: )

second.. for exhaust.... "cant remove or modifying any emissions device" and not being able to pass smog are 2 different things. As long as I can pass smog, I would not worry 1 bit about modifying my exhaust. not one bit. the smog centers, as long is it is not a burden for them to test - like it was in your case with the turn down ends - are the only ones to really see your exhaust up close and the only ones to care and see it is modified. I mean hey, people have to replace exhaust systems all the time for various reasons, so it is a bit of a gray line there.. I would keep it looking stock, 2 exhaust outs with same tips in same place, so you would never know.

I only wonder if this allows more bad gasses to flow out, or increase the flow rate of a bad gas or something and thus, the smog machine would nail you as the one thing about smog that sucks is that the results - in CA - get sent via computer right to the DMV so they know ASAP right then you failed. Then it is scramble time to find a way to pass. no thanks.

personally, I would opt to not modify my exhaust to achieve a power and sound effect I enjoy if it compromises passing smog - more hassle than its worth at that stage. But you see/hear modded exhaust in SoCal around all the time, so I can't think it does, but do not know.

anyone else know the effects on smog pass in doing a mod like this?