Instantaneous MPG reading?

dallenx

Does anyone know of or has anyone heard of a way to add to or reprogram the message center to show the instantaneous MPG as well as the average MPG.

I have this on my ’88 Tbird and it has helped me change driving habits.

It’s helped me with things like finding the right pedal pressure when leaving a stop light or climbing a hill so I get the best fuel mileage.

The other thing that would be nice is to see the 'gallons of fuel used'.

These are some of the readouts that I have on my Ford Tripminder and all of the info is already there on the Edge because the PCM and/or BCM are using those signals. It would be nice if we could get the BCM to show these readouts on the message center.

While I'm at it, how about getting the message center to show the live specific tire pressure for each tire. Maybe something that shows LeftFront/40psi, RightFront/31psi, etc? That way those of us that are neurotic could check the 'info' while we're driving.

Edited by dallenx

Does anyone know of or has anyone heard of a way to add to or reprogram the message center to show the instantaneous MPG as well as the average MPG.

I have this on my ’88 Tbird and it has helped me change driving habits.

It’s helped me with things like finding the right pedal pressure when leaving a stop light or climbing a hill so I get the best fuel mileage.

The other thing that would be nice is to see the 'gallons of fuel used'.

These are some of the readouts that I have on my Ford Tripminder and all of the info is already there on the Edge because the PCM and/or BCM are using those signals. It would be nice if we could get the BCM to show these readouts on the message center.

While I'm at it, how about getting the message center to show the live specific tire pressure for each tire. Maybe something that shows LeftFront/40psi, RightFront/31psi, etc? That way those of us that are neurotic could check the 'info' while we're driving.

Hi dallenx. :D Unfortunately, there is currently no way to reprogram the Message center to do any of the things you mention.

Good luck. :beerchug: