April Incentives

My new 08 Edge is scheduled to arrive this week. Just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row with the incentives and rebates. They are offering $2000 rebate and I qualify for the Competitive Pricing Rebates as I do not own a Ford at this time!!! Anything else you guys might know about. My salesman as been so impressed that I am on top of this sale!!! Thanks to this Forum and all the posts. You guys are so helpful. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

JC :hyper:

My new 08 Edge is scheduled to arrive this week. Just trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row with the incentives and rebates. They are offering $2000 rebate and I qualify for the Competitive Pricing Rebates as I do not own a Ford at this time!!! Anything else you guys might know about. My salesman as been so impressed that I am on top of this sale!!! Thanks to this Forum and all the posts. You guys are so helpful. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

JC :hyper:

Hi JC. :D Incentives are categorized by Ford according to the purchasers ZIP Code and can/do vary widely by region. In other words, the Incentives on an Edge where I live will likely be quite different than they are where you live.

If you post your ZIP here, we can check the current Incentive programs for you.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi JC. :D Incentives are categorized by Ford according to the purchasers ZIP Code and can/do vary widely by region. In other words, the Incentives on an Edge where I live will likely be quite different than they are where you live.

Can you check for me on both the 2008 Edge and 2008 MKX? I am looking at both and will be making a decision this week. I live in Austin, TX and my zip is 78732.

When I go to the Ford web page and enter my zip and see the incentives it only shows $2000 customer cash for me. I got yesterdays paper and two Ford dealers, both in Austin but with different zip codes, listed Edge SE's in their ads and both referenced $1000 more off than their sale price for a Competitive Rebate.

When I go to Lincoln and check their site with my zip it shows $2000 customer cash and $1000 Competitve. So with the $3000 off I have also been looking at the MKX. I went in Friday night and got a quote from my local dealer on exactly what I wanted, MKX with 20" wheels, Elite Package, Ultimate Package and tow package. With X-Plan and rebates it lowered the price $5720 off MSRP, which made me very happy. In yesterdays paper, the other Lincoln dealer in town, who is also a Ford dealer, listed a base model MKX on sale, but also referenced $5300 off EVERY MKX on their lot. This is something that dealer does often on both Lincolns and Fords. When I thought I was ready to buy a few months back I checked it out and they seemed on the up and up, straight forward, no hidden charges, etc. So this makes me fell like maybe I am missing something rebate or incentive wise. In my opinon a price that is posted in an ad in the paper is usually not the best price available and that there is still some wiggle room. If one dealer is willing to give everyone that price that walks in off the street and the X-Plan and incentives is only $420 less, that seems a little too close.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Clayton

Can you check for me on both the 2008 Edge and 2008 MKX? I am looking at both and will be making a decision this week. I live in Austin, TX and my zip is 78732.

When I go to the Ford web page and enter my zip and see the incentives it only shows $2000 customer cash for me. I got yesterdays paper and two Ford dealers, both in Austin but with different zip codes, listed Edge SE's in their ads and both referenced $1000 more off than their sale price for a Competitive Rebate.

When I go to Lincoln and check their site with my zip it shows $2000 customer cash and $1000 Competitve. So with the $3000 off I have also been looking at the MKX. I went in Friday night and got a quote from my local dealer on exactly what I wanted, MKX with 20" wheels, Elite Package, Ultimate Package and tow package. With X-Plan and rebates it lowered the price $5720 off MSRP, which made me very happy. In yesterdays paper, the other Lincoln dealer in town, who is also a Ford dealer, listed a base model MKX on sale, but also referenced $5300 off EVERY MKX on their lot. This is something that dealer does often on both Lincolns and Fords. When I thought I was ready to buy a few months back I checked it out and they seemed on the up and up, straight forward, no hidden charges, etc. So this makes me fell like maybe I am missing something rebate or incentive wise. In my opinon a price that is posted in an ad in the paper is usually not the best price available and that there is still some wiggle room. If one dealer is willing to give everyone that price that walks in off the street and the X-Plan and incentives is only $420 less, that seems a little too close.

Clayton

If they're offering that price without X plan then they are adding $$$ somewhere else. With X plan you can only be charged $75 doc fee - without X it's at least $300 and sometimes as much as $700 plus they can charge other fees or force you to take dealer accessories you don't want at outrageous prices.

Call the second dealer and get an "out the door" price as if you were paying cash, no trade-in and compare that to the out the door price on X plan. I can almost guarantee the X plan price will be cheaper.

In the good of State of Virginia 23231.

Thanks for your help.

JC :shades:

Clayton

Hi Clayton. :D In your ZIP Code, the published Incentives on the Edge are: $2,000 Cash OR Special APR Rate Financing of 0.9%/36 months, 1.9%/48 months, 2.9%/60 months or 4.9%/72 months.

On the MKX, $2,000 Customer Cash + $1,000 Competitive Owner Bonus Cash OR $1,000 Competitive Owner Bonus Cash and Special APR Rate Financing of 0%/36 Months, 0.9%/24 Months, 1.9%/60 Months or 3.9%/72 Months.

As far as the Dealer offer of "$5,300 off every MKX in their lot"? Well, usually once you read the fine print you will find that those deals are only good if you qualify for every possible Incentive/Rebate imaginable. So, if you are not a Military Veteran, you don't qualify for the $500 Military Appreciation Incentive, so another $500 out of your pocket. If you have not purchased a new car there in the last 2 years, you can not qualify for the $1,000 "Owner Loyalty Rebate". Then, if you are not a Ukrainian Professional Acrobat, you don't qualify for the "$500 Ukrainian Professional Acrobat" Incentive, and have to pay $500 extra. Next, you are not a Blonde haired, green eyed Neurosurgeon, so you do not qualify for the $750 "Blonde Haired, Green Eyed Neurosurgeon Incentive...etc, etc.

I'm sure you understand my point. It is a common sales tactic. Once you read the fine print, you will find out that you don't qualify for the price they quoted in the paper.

Hope this information helps.

Edited by bbf2530

In the good of State of Virginia 23231.

Thanks for your help.

JC :shades:

Hi JC. :D In addition to the facts akirby provided you, here is some additional information:

Currently in your ZIP (23231), the only Incentives listed is the choice of $2,000 Retail Customer Cash OR Special APR Finance Rates of 0.9%/36 months, 1.9%/48 months, 2.9%/60 months or 4.9%/72 months .

The $1,000 Competitive Vehicle Owner Incentive is not listed on the Ford site for the Edge in your region.

Did the Dealer tell you that it is available for your purchase and you qualify?

Sometimes there are locally sponsored Incentives, which could explain it not being listed on the National site. You will need to check with your Dealer.

Edited by bbf2530

Hi JC. :D In addition to the ifacts akirby provided you, here is some additional information:

Currently in your ZIP (23231), the only Incentives listed is the choice of $2,000 Retail Customer Cash OR Special APR Finance Rates of 0.9%/36 months, 1.9%/48 months, 2.9%/60 months or 4.9%/72 months .

The $1,000 Competitive Vehicle Owner Incentive is not listed on the Ford site for the Edge in your region.

Did the Dealer tell you that it is available for your purchase and you qualify?

Sometimes there are locally sponsored Incentives, which could explain it not being listed on the National site. You will need to check with your Dealer.

Yeah, he did. I asked him about it and we checked and it just became avaible 4/8/08. I have the print out and he said I qualified for it.

JC

Yeah, he did. I asked him about it and we checked and it just became avaible 4/8/08. I have the print out and he said I qualified for it.

JC

Hi JC. :D Okay, that is a good thing for you! I double checked myself on the Ford site, and it is not listed there, so I cannot verify that information myself. Again, could be a locally sponsored Incentive.

Just be sure you triple check all of their calculations before you sign.

In my experience, the calculators of Dealer Salesmen have very high error rates, for some odd reason! :hysterical:

Good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

bbf, since we know each other so well, may I ask if you have access to Vincent and Oasis (on fdealer)? I have to go to one of my old dealership customers to get access, but if you have it, perhaps there is more information you could provide. (dfs) :reading:

Edited by Grey

bbf, since we know each other so well, may I ask if you have access to Vincent and Oasis (on fdealer)? I have to go to one of my old dealership customers to get access, but if you have it, perhaps there is more information you could provide. (dfs) :reading:

Hello Grey, my old friend! :D I would be more than happy to help if I could, but concerning VINCENT and OASIS, I can't. My access nowadays is as restricted as yours (in fact, probably more so). :cry:

Other than special favors here and there, I get my information the old fashioned way, by past experience or researching it through the resources I do have. :stats:

However, always feel free to ask. Sometimes folks like us can figure things out by picking each others brains! You will probably have a resource or two (or more) that I don't, and vice-versa. :party:

Sorry I could not be of more immediate assistance.

Edited by bbf2530