PTU change.

enigma-2

Back in 2015 the service agent came to me during an oil change and told me they found the seal PTU was leaking. (Nothing on tbe garage floor, had no idea). I THOUGHT they said that they were going to replace the seal. Today however, we were looking over the car's service record (I was asking about replacing the fluid) and found they had actually replaced the PTU at 95k. As it was under the extended warranty, I never seen the bill. (That alone paid the cost of the warranty).

Today they told me that they do not service the PTU (I remember them telling me at the time it would be just the seal and cost ~$400 with me paying the $100 deductible). So one more for extended warranties. The service agent also told me they did not recommend my scheduling a flush until it hits 30k miles. Said a waste of money as it's designed to go life (of original warranty). He said they use the differential machine to suck out the old fluid. (Lincoln extended warranty runs out in Dec 2020).

• Like 1

Yes, new unit, installed by Ford dealer, and under current extended powertrain warranty. (I verified this).

As far service, they offered to replace the fluid for $150 (he was thinking that they had to drop it and pour out the lubricant), I objected and got them down to $80 per change.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1