Anyone installed 3.0 on an Lincoln yet?

Had to google apim. I see now its a 2 layer thing sync then apim. Ill stick with 2.3 for now but I really want waze when it comes out

My expertise is more with computer systems and that is why I was wondering how the software knew which options the car had. I guess it would still be possible for a beta release version of sync to be made for a single car model without all the options and the right colors and to just crash when tester in a different model.

Edited by Fastfwd75

I guess it would still be possible for a beta release version of sync to be made for a single car model without all the options and the right colors and to just crash when tester in a different model.

Nope. Again, the sync updates are more to add app features or address bugs in the sync program itself, it does not altar the APIM, which contains the unique features fingerprint of your car.

If you had to replace your APIM, your dealer would use your as built data and overwrite the replacement APIM. Then it would as if your car was from the factory.

When the Waze app is updated to work with ford AppLink, instructions will be posted here amongst many other places.

Nope. Again, the sync updates are more to add app features or address bugs in the sync program itself, it does not altar the APIM, which contains the unique features fingerprint of your car.

If you had to replace your APIM, your dealer would use your as built data and overwrite the replacement APIM. Then it would as if your car was from the factory.

When the Waze app is updated to work with ford AppLink, instructions will be posted here amongst many other places.

It is very possible for Ford to write something specific like that.

Heck with how pissed they are about people pulling files off the IVSU server it would be pretty funny of them to intentionally put one out there that will kill your system after say 60 days....let people think they got 3.0 or 3.2 and its running all slick and then it hits a certain date and sorry your APIM is no corrupt or make it so you can't do further updates, etc. They could really have fun with unofficial releases.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 1