Chrome accent around foglights

Surely they can be painted, but since they're chromed, they'll have to roughened first with something like sand- or bead blasting. I had my front and rear valances painted body color...

Sidesquare_700w.jpg

...and probably will have my foglite surrounds painted when I have some minor body-repair work done.

BTW if you're looking for an extra set of chromed 18" wheels (w/o pressure sensors) for $150 + freight, e-mail me at jeffreybehr[at]cox[dot]net.

sure it is paintable.. mask off, sand down, primer, paint... but I would see about warranty first

The only reason I'm considering painting them is because it might happen again next winter with new pieces,if the dealer agrees to replace them. I'm expecting that the new wheels I'm getting this week will do the same next winter if Ford hasn't done anything different in the way the wheels were processed originally.

The only reason I'm considering painting them is because it might happen again next winter with new pieces,if the dealer agrees to replace them. I'm expecting that the new wheels I'm getting this week will do the same next winter if Ford hasn't done anything different in the way the wheels were processed originally.

so, you got Ford to warranty the funky chrome clad wheels for you because of this?

Saw this today on my edge as well. It really looks like it is pealing off more than anything. I'm calling ford this week about them. Also noticed my 18" chrome wheels look like complete crap. Tons of pitting and corrosion spots covering the whole wheel. I say they have about about half of the shine of when I bought them. Not too good for a 5 month old vehicle.