Ignition switched power on 2017 Edge

It's not always on. Can't remember how long it stays on (maybe 20 minutes?), but no more than an hour after car is off. Only way to modify is to get an OBD2 adapter & download a free program called FORScan & change the As Built data

Edited by lildisco

I had a chance to test it today. It’s 75 minutes. That’s to long.

I’ll try and see if I could get to a switched fuse and install a fuse tap. Off hand, would anyone happen to know what fuse is a good choice? Normally I would just test a bunch, but from what I can see the fuse box is a son of a gun to get to..

Yea, its a new webcam. Im in and out of the car a lot during the day, so with that delay the web cam will be recording 3 min clips all day. I just figured with all the writing over and over the SD card it would effect it. Plus more ware on the camera.

Is it difficult to tap into a fuse?

Edited by blockisle9

I've never tapped a fuse in the Edge before, I imagine that it wouldn't be hard to do. I've left my Edge on Default PowerPoint Timeout & it hasn't effected the performance of the cam. Just make sure that you get a good Micro SD card that can take multiple rewrites. Not all Micro SD cards are created equal.

Update:

I installed a fuse tap on fuse 23 (power delay) and this female cigarette plug under the dash. The wire snaked right down the a-pillar to under the dash. The wire tucked nicely under the headliner. I chose this inexpensive Blueskysea B1W camera, its very small and fit nicely under the rear view mirror and is hardly noticeable. The most difficult thing was reaching the fuse panel.

post-5117-0-96117600-1522884039_thumb.jpeg

post-5117-0-99551500-1522884052_thumb.jpeg

post-5117-0-80017300-1522884597_thumb.jpeg

I had a chance to test it today. It’s 75 minutes. That’s to long.

"too long"?? :headscratch: …Funny 'cause I find this not long enough…in fact, I want mine to stay ON ALL THE TIME!… I have a friend who has the Forscan program and he will be changing the settings so it always stays "on". That way, my cell phone will be charging when I'll leave it in the car. :thumbsup:

Claude. ;)